This contest has ended, congratulations to Acid Reign who won the awesome set of GMX 2.1 Speakers with a post in the Networking forum!
Here's the query we ran (thanks hotsnoj for the code snippet to pull a random row):
SELECT * FROM `ibf_posts` WHERE post_date > '1128146400' AND post_date <= '1130828399' AND forum_id != '1' ORDER BY RAND( ) LIMIT 1
It's time to learn, help, and join your fellow members in a month long post-a-thon. On November 1, 2005 we will conduct a random drawing from all posts between October 1-30 in the Programming Help, Web Development Help, Graphics Help, and Computers & Games categories. Post as much as you want, every post increases your chances of winning!
Here's How To Win:
- Become a dream.in.code Member, register here
- Post in any forum between October 1-October 31*
- 1 post = 1 entry, 50 posts = 50 entries, etc. etc.
- Check back November 1, 2005 to see if you've won!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The contest is open to all registered members, with the exception of previous winners. Previous winners of any Dream.in.code contest in the past year are *not* eligible until further notice.
2. To enter the contest each participant must have a valid, working email address in their profile.
3. An Entry is any Post or Thread in the DREAM.IN.CODE forums *except* the following forums: Caffeine Lounge, Cool Sites, Classifieds, Job Offers, Competitions, Site Feedback, Dream.in.code News. MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE does not assume responsibility for phone, technical, network, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled, or delayed internet computer transmissions. MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE reserves the right to remove or disqualify posts that do not follow the Terms of Service. This includes posts/threads that do not meet the quality standards.
4. This contest begins October 1, 2005 and ends at noon Eastern Daylight Savings time on October 31, 2005. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of entries received.
5. The Prize: There will be one (1) winner for this contest. The prize for the random drawing is one (1) Klipsch GMX 2.1 Speakers, (valued at $79.99 each). There will be no substitution of prizes and no cash will be awarded in lieu of merchandise or awards, except by MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE's sole election due to prize unavailability.
6. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all valid posts/threads posted during the contest. The drawing will take place on or about November 1, 2005. Drawings will be done by MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE and judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest. If MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE is unable to locate a given winner, an alternate winner will be selected by a second random drawing. The winner will be notified by email. Allow approximately 4-6 weeks for delivery of the prize.
7. By entering the contest, the participants (a) agree to the official rules and that the decisions of the judges are final in all respects; ( consent to the use of the winner's name and photograph for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law; and Â© release MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, except where prohibited by law.
8. Moderators, Team Members, and Administrators of MEDIAGROUPONE/DREAM.IN.CODE, and their immediate families are not eligible to win this contest.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and restrictions apply. Offer void where prohibited, or otherwise restricted under federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
10. The name of the winners will be posted on our Web site.