Advise if you can

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 682 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

My career move...

Post icon  Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hi guys,

I am about to go to university next year. the question of what to do has come around and I do not really know what to do.

The thing is this: I do not know a lot of pogramming right now, I am learning PHP, MySQL and has covered many topics, that's because I just got my own laptop lately, couldn't do that for quite sometime. I believe I have got a great passion for programming, I get so excited just by doing it and seeing other softwares on the web makes me want to be a part of the team behind it. i have run a few communities on my own but they didn't go very far, lacked quite a lot and didn't have my own pc so you understand it was all hustling hey. Its my passion that drove me forward.

I am in a dilemma right now because some people around me like my family think that the IT industry is very competitive and i would need to be one of the brightest to get a good living from it. (I think its fair to say they doubt my talent and abilities in IT) They are suggesting that I get a bachelors degree in accounting, etc something commercial because commercial people are always in demand since they are needed by business universally.

I however got a place to study Software Development at one of the best universities in South Africa (therefore Africa) where I live. I applied at another university for Bachelor's Degree in Business Informatics...combination of business management and some software programming, etc

Is internet just a phase? How much secure and safe is a move to join in the programming fray?

I hope you can help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1