12 Replies - 643 Views - Last Post: 06 September 2009 - 08:32 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How do you implement code you've written to various applications?

Post icon  Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

first off i am extremely out of my element here, i have no idea how this works or if it even can work at all so if i say something stupid forgive me i just think this would be fun. say i wanted to write a program for world of warcraft...how do i get my code from visual c++ express into world of warcraft to where i can actually use it. is it the "attach to process" option in vb c++ express? also if this is possible to move code to other applications what is some useful code i could write to experiment with to move to any other common application. i'm just interested in practicing applying programming to other applications besides just compiling and seeing if it works in vb. any advice would be great. thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do you implement code you've written to various applications?

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How do you implement code you've written to various applications?

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:38 AM

It is called code injection and mainly it is done with virus kind of stuff and it is illegal to reverse somebodies code so in DIC you will not get help on this I think so..And "attach to process" option in VS C++ express is for debuging purpose for a running process.

This post has been edited by debjit625: 06 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Great::Southern::Land
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

You will need to create a DLL and Inject it into your WOW process. This involves hooking the game and reverse engineering or modifying memory.

Eg
BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HMODULE hDll, DWORD reason, PVOID lpReserve)
{
    if ( reason == DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH )
    {
       // call a hook
     }
    else if ( reason == DLL_PROCESS_DETACH)
    {
       // unhook
    }

return TRUE;
}

I don't really wish to go futher in light of debjit625's comments until i can confirm that it is not against the rules. I suggest looking into places like game deception for information regarding this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

as you can see from my link it appears that WoW employees don't mind this code injection as long as it does not give a player an unfair advantage. i of course am not trying to give myself an unfair advantage which is why i asked for any other program i could do this with. i just wanna experiment with it and see actual results with code ive written. here is the link...

http://forums.wow-eu...t...91924&sid=1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

View PostAJOHNZ, on 6 Sep, 2009 - 09:18 AM, said:

as you can see from my link it appears that WoW employees don't mind this code injection as long as it does not give a player an unfair advantage.
http://forums.wow-eu...t...91924&sid=1

You, sir, are delusional. The thread refers to a game controller. It's asking about passive sniffing, not attaching to processes. It's also an opinion offered by a tech support guy, not legal.

Blizzard tried to sue a bot maker out of existence for doing what you're asking: http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/7314353.stm

Their FAQ ( http://www.blizzard....s/legalfaq.html ) is clear:

Can I create and/or distribute hack and cheats for your games?

No. Blizzard Entertainment® does not support or condone the use or distribution of cheats and/or hacks for use with Blizzard Entertainment® games under any circumstance.

Passive packet monitoring is quasi legal, depending on what you do with the information. It's your machine, you network traffic. However, actually altering a WoW process during runtime is "hacking" and is strictly forbidden.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

you ,sir, are not a very nice person. i already said i know nothing about this topic. i just know that guy was talking about implementing some type of code into something where he could see results in some kind of application beside the application he wrote the code in. this is ALL i want to do. i have already stated i dont care what application i use i just want to be able to see results from my code in other applications. so from now on, please try to be helpful as opposed to degrading.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

I dunno... that is not what I get from the thread -- I see that programming a windows driver is not a breach. The application described in that thread does not require code injection at all.

Looking at the EULA for WoW I see the following in section 1 part A:

You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game;...

It goes on to say in various other forms how creating bots and other forms a basically cheating are not allowed.

The thread that you gave a link to talks about something that does not have to have ANYTHING to do with WoW or any other program running on the computer. It would be a windows driver.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

i wanted to write a program for world of warcraft

WOW is application that is created by a company and you cant write a single code for that application without reverse engineering it so I said its illegal .But i am not saying that you cant do it for that you have to work on your won using google ( I have also learnt it like that) or ask help from other forums as I know it is not vaild in DIC so I am sorry

Reverse Engineering is not always bad it gives you a pure Knowledge
of system level debugging that is one of the best debugging process where source code or high level language cant work like when debugging a system driver..
Google will help you go for that
And Good Luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostAJOHNZ, on 6 Sep, 2009 - 09:38 AM, said:

you ,sir, are not a very nice person.

I would say I'm being as nice as I can be, under the circumstances. But, hey, everyone's allowed an opinion. :P I do apologize for any offense, though. That's not my intent.

i just know that guy was talking about implementing some type of code into something where he could see results in some kind of application beside the application he wrote the code in.

Let' start there. A computer program runs on it's own. If it wishes to leverage code that another program uses, that other program will offer that ability in the form of public libraries and documentation.

The behavior you're asking about is not that of a "very nice" program, so forgive me if I responded in kind. It's the behavior of computer viruses and various other forms of malicious software. Normal programs simply don't behave that way.

i just want to be able to see results from my code in other applications

Unless those other applications offer you a way to do this, it's essentially questionable activity. Unless that software has a very liberal license, like open source, it's doubtless illegal.

The most helpful thing I can do is make it absolutely clear that what you're asking is legally questionable at the very least. If you wish to rationalize, go ahead. Just do so with full knowledge of the nature of the act. Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

I think it's been made very clear that cheating in WoW is not allowed. Let's stop telling him that. I think he would be content to see how DLLs work. DLLs are not illegal, but still very relevant to this thread.

This post has been edited by evinrows: 06 September 2009 - 09:13 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

baavgai is a very nice person lol ~ if anything he is saving you some trouble ~ If all you want to do is checkout some code you inject into a process.. How about hooking something like notepad ?

evinrows dll's are not illegal, however loading a dll into the memory of a process and altering its operation without permission of the author is illegal especially in games like WOW where people pay money for things like gold. Which is something you can use a hack to automatically mine or whatever, hell i have never played wow however i have heard people talk about it. Things such as auto fight etc... If you do it, be aware of what can happen especially if you intend on distributing it.

This post has been edited by bbq: 06 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

baavgai - thank you for your advice i had no idea activities like this were illegal.(as i stated i am far out of my element here)

evinrows - thank you for having my back and understanding what this thread is about. can you tell me more about DLLs?

bbq - ok "hooking" something like notepad is fine. what is hooking and how do i do this though lol.

again im just trying to experiment and learn more about applying code...not trying to break the law here
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Hooking is finding a place within an executable to load your library (a dll is a dynamic linked library). So in order to execute code within your dll you need to hook a process.

Perhaps checkout
http://www.codeproje.../DLL/hooks.aspx

Best of luck :)

If you do some googling you will find some decent tutorials using various methods. However WOW is something i would not attempt :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1