don't check this website

. . . well, okay, you can check it.

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 2181 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

don't check this website

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:21 PM

we built the site a few months back but never had any outsiders proof it. all suggestions appreciated.

one thing, can some one help us with a field in our contact us page. i want them to have to enter the email address twice to double check it. we've gotten some emails where the sender must have typed their address incorrectly because our response went nowhere. thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: don't check this website

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: don't check this website

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

hconnor, on Sep 28 2005, 01:18 PM, said:

we built the site a few months back but never had any outsiders proof it. all suggestions appreciated.

one thing, can some one help us with a field in our contact us page. i want them to have to enter the email address twice to double check it. we've gotten some emails where the sender must have typed their address incorrectly because our response went nowhere. thanks.

Can't not check it without a url. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

seems i forget one small thing, the url. Prescription Pain Killer Drug Detox in Tampa Florida
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:46 PM

I must say, the design is appealing and clean. I don't like the links at the top and bottom. If you are leaving both of them, the color is hard to read on the bottom, make more contrast between the text and negative space behind it, and do the same for the rollovers. I cannot read it while rolled over. I don't like the navigation at the top all that much, but it's not too far away from being cool, the white text on that texture behind it appears strange to me.

Overall, good design and nice layout.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:05 PM

The hand look a little out of place. Are they praying? Waiting? making fart noises (my special talent)? else?

I agree with symphonicreverb about the links+colors.

Good work, though. Well done. For a good cause too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:25 PM

I think you're headed in the right direction and agree with the statements above. There is a space between the i and e of the view more info link under the "Are you hooked?" article. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but sometimes little things like that can go unnoticed.

Keep up the good work!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

I don't like that grid behind the links. I would use a solid or a different type of grid (possibly). I can't really picture it, I would have to try it myself, but I'm thinking a gray of some sort and shorten the distance from the logo to the body itself. Also, even though clicking the logo sends you back to the home page, I would add a link, or at LEAST at the bottom, to go back home. Your links at the bottom are unevenly spaced which isn't a real deal at all, that unevenness bothers me though :P

EDIT: Also I don't like the gray when you mouseover the links. It makes the text disappear and it seems there is no use for it so change it to black or don't have the colors change at all. The gray works for NONE of the images on your website except the blue but if you go with my opinion and change the background of your primary links, the gray will most probably not fit so black will do you justice.

This post has been edited by eLliDKraM: 28 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

Red|5, on Sep 28 2005, 03:02 PM, said:

The hand look a little out of place. Are they praying? Waiting? making fart noises (my special talent)? else?

I agree with symphonicreverb about the links+colors.

Good work, though. Well done. For a good cause too.

I didn't notice it at first but now all I can think of is praying the poop will flow... Thanks brotherman.

I wouldn't worry about it, or find another picture that fits in its place perfectly because I like the amount of space it uses and the value it adds to the image itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:17 AM

eLliDKraM, on Sep 28 2005, 05:52 PM, said:

I don't like that grid behind the links. I would use a solid or a different type of grid (possibly). I can't really picture it, I would have to try it myself, but I'm thinking a gray of some sort and shorten the distance from the logo to the body itself. Also, even though clicking the logo sends you back to the home page, I would add a link, or at LEAST at the bottom, to go back home. Your links at the bottom are unevenly spaced which isn't a real deal at all, that unevenness bothers me though :P

EDIT: Also I don't like the gray when you mouseover the links. It makes the text disappear and it seems there is no use for it so change it to black or don't have the colors change at all. The gray works for NONE of the images on your website except the blue but if you go with my opinion and change the background of your primary links, the gray will most probably not fit so black will do you justice.

Uhhh ya, that is exactly what we said. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

:wank:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +