2 Replies - 4586 Views - Last Post: 28 September 2005 - 04:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

C# beginner

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hi, am new to learing C# and I need help heading in the right direction. I have used it before programming asp.net pages but I have never written a desktop application like I am trying to now.

I recently aqired visual studio and wrote my first app that detects if the input is a number or not. I need to know how to move a window and how to monitor what keys are being pressed. I need to make a equivalent of <textarea> also.

Please just get me started on each of those topics. I am completely self thought so onece start me off I can take it from there.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C# beginner

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C# beginner

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

Hi,

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions before beginning...
  • Are you referring to moving the window in which your application is running, or moving subforms within the main application?
  • Do you need to know when any key is pressed, and what that key is, or do you simply need to detect certain keys?
  • When you say textarea, are you referring to a form equivalent of the HTML textarea? Meaning a resized instance of a textbox will not be sufficient?
Thnx.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: C# beginner

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

I want to write a brand new app to help me write html and maybe get around to writing a html editing program.

I want it to monitor one keystroke then he key that is pressed after it or while its held down. Like....
Run a function on ctrl + O then see what key you press while holding that down or shortly after letting go.

Textarea as the user can edit or select the content in the box. I tried somthing (I don't remember what) and it was only read-only and I couldn't fix it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1