First Programming Forum

So I finally joined one!

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 250 Views - Last Post: 09 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

First Programming Forum

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

So I finally joined a programming forum after 7 years of programming!

I'm a student studying maths and computer science in South Africa. I would really like to get into the gaming industry as one of two roles: game concept designer (who wouldn't but I wouldn't have many sales since I'm not big into violent gaming and that seems to be what sells.) or AI programmer. Both would be great but beggers can't be choosers.

started programming in JAVA then meandered around C++ and Haskell for academic purposes then one day my lecturer decided we're doing everything in C#. That's when I found love. <3

My current project is mostly for a friend who plays on Forumwarz and I cooked up an idea of an app that sits in your system tray and monitors your typing. With a library of keywords it will insert smilies when you type those keywords.

But work aside it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to trying to help out where I can!

This post has been edited by switchbadger: 09 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: First Programming Forum

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: First Programming Forum

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

Hello Switchbadger. Welcome to Dream.In.Code. :)

then one day my lecturer decided we're doing everything in C#. That's when I found love. <3

For me it is C++, though I like the other languages like C#, too.

It is nice to meet you as well. I hope to see you around the forums. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hey,

Welcome to DIC. Guess what I'm from South Africa too, ain't it cool...can't remember who said that, right now :blink: .

Yeah, C++, my fav, working on Java at the moment. You seem to be way advanced than me. Would really like to have a look at your projects. Maybe submit some tutorials. I keep thinking I get around to it, myself, still getting there :rolleyes: .

Well, see you around.

Er, which part of SA are you in? I'm KZN, Durbs.

Ron
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1