Need Help with Visual C# and Access Database

Connect to MS Access with Visual C#

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 1566 Views - Last Post: 09 September 2009 - 10:10 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Help with Visual C# and Access Database

Post icon  Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Our group is doing a project for this Engineering Management Module. We are making a counter. Which involves a software and an hardware part. For the Software part, we are using Visual C# 2005 and MS Access database.

In the MS Access DB. We have three tables : counttype, sessiontype and noofcounts.

They are related in this way: counttype-sessiontype=one to many

sessiontype-noofcounts=one to many

I have two three forms in Visual C#: CreateNew, Open and Counter. Where createnew form is used to create a new record in Counttype table, open is used to access existing data in the counttype table and sessiontable. The counter is a form that will increment or decrement real time according to an input we get from the parallel port, its data should be written to noofcounts table.

What i want to do (and dont know how to) is to Open an existing count and select the Count Type, and its respective session, then when I click a button called OPEN, I want the counter to open, and the data which is input to it should be written to the noofcounts table according to the counttype and sessiontype that was chosen on the Open form.

I am new to programming and Visual C# aswell. So please, if someone can guide me on how to go about this, it will be a great help.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1