My Software

How do I sell my software

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 1347 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

My Software

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:23 AM

Wassup guys,nice site.I would really like to ask for help from senior programmers in the house.
I've been keenly interested in Maths for a very long time and when I came across Java last year,I
saw an opportunity to express my mathematics.
Now I started building a software this year starting with a parser of mathematical expressions.
The parser is in a working state now and depending on the system speed and expression length/method complexity
can parse at between 100 characters per second(for very small character length functions) to over 40000 characters
per second.
This parser is the main brain behind a calculator interface having over 110 buttons.The software incorporates basic arithmetic, function evaluation,statistics,quadratic equation solver, simultaneous equation solver( having any number of unknowns ),permanent memory storage of variables,permanent memory storage of formulae,integration,numerical differntiation and many more functions to be added soon.
Note that all algorithms for all above described functions are home made.
I would like to know how I can sell this software and make real money from it guys.Any clue.
guys???

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My Software

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: My Software

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hey I'm no senior programmer.
But I like to help anyway.

some of my friends are really hardcore c++ and obejctive C programmers and they had like you made some awsome software, and of cause the wanted to earn on there work.
They simply made a homepage in HTML and .php (language not importan but still) where people could buy their programs.
They poste the pages on twitter, facebook, myspace and they got some of the obejctive C programs om apples app store, and that really pushed the sale, I no your program can't run on iPhone or iPod, but tried, make a homepage a publish your program that way, as shareware or just pay software, most people wanted to try the program before they buy it .
AND really importan write a decently a post some screenshoots.
Just an advice hope you could use it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

I would just make a website, and then advertise your site in things like Twitter, Facebook, MSN, Myspace, Youtube, that kind of stuff. : D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I would put an effort into getting reporting tools in place, so you can tell where your advertising is working. Where are they finding you? Of those that find you, whom buys more often than the others. Less. All of that is important if you are advertising on your own.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

There are several websites that will sell your software for you on a commission basis.. they take a percentage of the revenue you earn.

the industry leader for this is: RegNow

another cheaper one: Iportis

Aet
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

View PostGBENRO, on 12 Sep, 2009 - 05:23 AM, said:

Wassup guys,nice site.I would really like to ask for help from senior programmers in the house.
I've been keenly interested in Maths for a very long time and when I came across Java last year,I
saw an opportunity to express my mathematics.
Now I started building a software this year starting with a parser of mathematical expressions.
The parser is in a working state now and depending on the system speed and expression length/method complexity
can parse at between 100 characters per second(for very small character length functions) to over 40000 characters
per second.
This parser is the main brain behind a calculator interface having over 110 buttons.The software incorporates basic arithmetic, function evaluation,statistics,quadratic equation solver, simultaneous equation solver( having any number of unknowns ),permanent memory storage of variables,permanent memory storage of formulae,integration,numerical differntiation and many more functions to be added soon.
Note that all algorithms for all above described functions are home made.
I would like to know how I can sell this software and make real money from it guys.Any clue.
guys???

Oh! As for me, I think it is no less important, hard and cost-based process then develpopment of software.

This post has been edited by Andersen: 26 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1