RadioButtons

5Groups using flash CS4 - .txt retreival and post

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 905 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

RadioButtons

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

I’ve got a question about Radio Buttons and Groups.

I have a project that requires 5 Groups of Buttons.
These Buttons have been layed out on a Stage (900 x 275 px).
Columns are 60 apart and rows are 12 apart.

“RadioButtonGroup1”
Consists of 45 choices (these choices are made up of 5 Columns and 9 Rows of choices)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup2”

“RadioButtonGroup2”
Consists of 6 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 6 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup3”

“RadioButtonGroup3”
Consists of 6 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 6 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup4”

“RadioButtonGroup4”
Consists of 2 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 2 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup5”

“RadioButtonGroup5”
Consists of 3 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 3 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will click a Calculate button that will retreive data from a .txt file that is in the same directory as this flash .swf form.

“.txt File”
Consists of 9 Rows and 10 Columns of data (from excel - converted to .txt). The first Column of 9 rows of data is for choices 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 (retreival fork data choices = “B, 1d, 2c, 3a, 4a, 5c”) while the next 4 Columns of 9 Rows are for the data that will be retreived for the 4 bits of detail covering their choice in “RadioButtonGroup1” (Quantity, Size, Weight, Color). With the selection of the choices there will be a data fork retreival that will select a “Row” within the .txt file that will have all of the information for retreival (Columns A, B, C, D, E which will have the 45 choices for “RadioButtonGroup1”)

The final button sends the “Retreived Information” to a “Check Out” Form that will enclose all of the details and cost of the project and then the final “Cost” only, will be sent to “PayPal” for payment and an eMail will be sent to the vendor.

I know this sounds complicated but I have this project that I haven’t been able to solve for “Action Script 2 or 3”.

I have Flash CS4 and I have been attempting to achieve this using the “AS2” stock RadioButton . . . I’m new at this and I’m stumped . . . Can anyone help?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: RadioButtons

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: RadioButtons

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

For best results this should be posted in the Flash and actionscript catagory.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: RadioButtons

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

I’ve got a question about RadioButtonsGroups.

I have a project that requires 5 Groups of Buttons.
These Buttons have been layed out on a Stage (900 x 275 px).
Columns are 60 apart and rows are 12 apart.

“RadioButtonGroup1”
Consists of 45 choices (these choices are made up of 5 Columns and 9 Rows of choices)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup2”

“RadioButtonGroup2”
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup3”

“RadioButtonGroup3”
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup4”

“RadioButtonGroup4”
Consists of 2 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 2 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will make a choice from “RadioButtonGroup5”

“RadioButtonGroup5”
Consists of 3 choices (these choices are made up of 1 Column and 3 Rows of choices that relate directly to the choice made in “RadioButtonGroup1”)
When this choice is selected then the user will click a Calculate button that will retreive data from a .txt file that is in the same directory as this flash .swf form.

“.txt File”
Consists of 9 Rows and 10 Columns of data (from excel - converted to .txt). The first Column of 9 rows of data is for choices 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 (retreival fork data choices = “B, 1d, 2c, 3a, 4a, 5c”) while the next 4 Columns of 9 Rows are for the data that will be retreived for the 4 bits of detail covering their choice in “RadioButtonGroup1” (Quantity, Size, Weight, Color). With the selection of the choices there will be a data fork retreival that will select a “Row” within the .txt file that will have all of the information for retreival (Columns A, B, C, D, E which will have the 45 choices for “RadioButtonGroup1”)

The final button sends the “Retreived Information” to a “Check Out” Form that will enclose all of the details and cost of the project and then the final “Cost” only, will be sent to “PayPal” for payment and an eMail will be sent to the vendor.

I know this sounds complicated but I have this project that I haven’t been able to solve for “Action Script 2 or 3”.

I have Flash CS4 and I have been attempting to achieve this using the “AS2” stock RadioButton . . . I’m new at this and I’m stumped . . . Can anyone help?

I have now changed to AS3 and I have my own animated radio button that I am writing script for the same layout.

Can anyone help . . . A Tip here and there will help a lot . . .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1