5 Replies - 908 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2009 - 04:03 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I need a review of my website

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

I have a small local business with a few techs that work in a call center. I used a blog template that I found and just tossed up a page. I would love something a bit more flashy and interactive but I need cold and harsh review. Not to mention any recommendations from pros and the average browsers.

Here is the website.

spartansupport.com

I'm a great computer analyst but weak on website design.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I need a review of my website

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I need a review of my website

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

You may get a better response over at the Site Check forum :)

http://www.dreaminco...php?showforum=5
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Try dropping the font size down a bit
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

I have a small local business with a few techs that work in a call center. I used a blog template that I found and just tossed up a page. I would love something a bit more flashy and interactive but I need cold and harsh review. Not to mention any recommendations from pros and the average browsers.

Here is the website.

spartansupport.com

I'm a great computer analyst but weak on website design.

First of all, using a blog template for a business website is a really bad idea, before implementing your site you should visualize how the customer is going to look into your site.

That is you will have to grab their attention about most of the good stuff that you provide, furthermore most users looking for business would prefer directly seeing what you have, and easy access.

Furthermore the look and feel, your site simply has no business look and feel at all, it has the look and feel of a blog, blog != business website and this may be one factor for customers running away of your site. People may not take your business seriously. All what a customer will see in this case is a huge title taking most of the page. try to minimize your font in the title and try adding the companies logo.

In case you need to use a template you can find dozens of free business web templates on the web just as you found the current web blog template. In case you need something unique you will have to either try doing the design and development yourself of hire a web designer or developer.

I would like to wish you the best of luck for your business, have a good day :)

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 14 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

I have to agree with Aymen on this one... You're using a great blog template for a blog, but it won't really say SELL to the people that will visit you're site. I would first of all move the header up and put the menu below the header... Next I woudl create a JQuery slideshow below the header that will include highlights of your business ontop of key pictures about your industry. Next I would take the text you have currently and add them to different sections below the slideshow with an icon that describes each section. This will say to your customers that you're more about what you do as opposed to telling them what you do. Your site should speak for your company, and lots of times pictures with a few words works much better than just words. Hope this helps.

Cheers

ps... also... when you click on the other menu items in your menu back to back without refreshing the page the menu window just keep stacking ontop of eachother.

This post has been edited by markhazlett9: 14 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:03 AM

Look how much information is below the fold.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1