C++ College student seeks Mentor

I need somebody to help me with my assignment and teach me the ways of

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 714 Views - Last Post: 16 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

C++ College student seeks Mentor

Post icon  Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

:ph34r: Hey everybody, my name is Joshua and I am Programing student and well, I kinda suck and I had to drop the class I'm in now last year because my teacher is one of those assholes who just wants to prove how smart he is. His class has a 60% drop out rate, which made me wonder why he teaches this class? I found out why, he is the only instructor qualified to teach the course in the WHOLE DAMN SCHOOL! This is complete :crazy: BS :crazy: and if my dreams of designing software are to ever come true I need somebody who will help me with my problems and as crazy an idea as this might be; explain my mistakes to me and how to correct them rather than laugh at me for being ignorant and get irritated every time I raise my hand as if I'm wasting your time. Or else I will have to drop out.... :angry:

This post has been edited by crackisgood4u: 15 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C++ College student seeks Mentor

• What did you call me?
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C++ College student seeks Mentor

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi Joshua.

For the record, crack is not good for you.

I know exactly the type of teacher you are describing, they think that they can impress people by being dicks.

What school do you go to?

Oh and if you are looking for a mentor then you can just look for someone here with the Mentor badge - they will surely be able to help you out.

See ya around,
Chris
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hello Joshua. Welcome to Dream.In.Code. :)

If you're looking for programming help, you can ask questions in the Programming Help forums. It is nice to have a place like this, where you can get help for your question, and if they have a similar problem, others can learn from it as well. It is also nice to be able to get input from many coders instead of just one person.

See ya around the site! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:14 AM

Hey dude,

Can understand your frustrations, may not relate, but can understand.

My bro was teaching for a short while at two schools, some computer class, this was like nearing the final exams. He asked what they have covered so far. Would you believe the students said "nothing".

This is what the schools are coming to, lack of damn good teachers, as long as they have a teaching qualification, its good enough for the principal.

Anyway, Welcome to DIC. Here you will most definitely have a lot to learn, and no, I don't think anyone will think you being ignorant. The great thing about DIC is, we want you to learn and become the best at what you are and want to be. :)

First thing first, you need a book, a good one. Have a look at the programming forum of the language you are studying, and I think there might be a post on the list of books to consider. If not, send a post.

Good luck in your studies, and I do hope you conquer your ignorant teacher and be at the top of your class. ;)

Ron
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

View Postladyinblack, on 16 Sep, 2009 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hey dude,

Can understand your frustrations, may not relate, but can understand.

My bro was teaching for a short while at two schools, some computer class, this was like nearing the final exams. He asked what they have covered so far. Would you believe the students said "nothing".

This is what the schools are coming to, lack of damn good teachers, as long as they have a teaching qualification, its good enough for the principal.

Anyway, Welcome to DIC. Here you will most definitely have a lot to learn, and no, I don't think anyone will think you being ignorant. The great thing about DIC is, we want you to learn and become the best at what you are and want to be. :)

First thing first, you need a book, a good one. Have a look at the programming forum of the language you are studying, and I think there might be a post on the list of books to consider. If not, send a post.

Good luck in your studies, and I do hope you conquer your ignorant teacher and be at the top of your class. ;)

Ron

I have Learn c++ by making games, Author Yuzwa/ Laramee
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Guest_Neumann*

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

If you went to a good school you wouldn't have such problem. Bad schools have bad teachers, that's just the way it is. But if you have a question and want an advice you can always ask it on this forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1