How to modify the checksum hash

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 934 Views - Last Post: 21 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

I wish to modify the checksum hash of a program (to say, over ride the hash rules on Server 03 R2 +08). At the current moment i use resource hacker and just change the string table a little...... But i wish to make a program that does that automatically, and generates a unique new string for the table.....

If there is an other solutions that i could do to get the same outcome, feel free to suggest. Ive been looking for open source resource editors, but i've yet to find any that do work currently.

So if anyone knows of an cmd based programs, or some code (preferably vb.net or c#, but any .net will be fine) that will allow this to happen.

(Side note, my project is a game manager that manages games that are stored on the network, im wanting this program to modify its own hash and the games hash when it runs, and to be able to play all the games via this interface. I can do the rest fine on my own, i just need to figure out how to modify the hash programaticly :P)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to modify the checksum hash

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to modify the checksum hash

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

why would you want to alter the checksum hash? It's used to check the integrity of a file...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

It can be used to identify a program and to check integrity....

In a Server 03 R2 situation, certain games and programs are blocked via a hash rule. I wish to over ride this (i am the client, not the server)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

You want to over ride games that are blocked so you can play them when the program specifically does not allow you to? Is that what I am getting? What - trying to get around paying for them or something like that? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 17 Sep, 2009 - 09:36 AM, said:

You want to over ride games that are blocked so you can play them when the program specifically does not allow you to? Is that what I am getting? What - trying to get around paying for them or something like that? :)

Huh? No, that wouldn't work at all. Games and other useful programs (freeware to) get blocked at school regularly.... I want to design a program that just changes the checksum hash in order to execute these games at school

Nothing to do with copy protection:P Because trust me, you'l need to reverse engineer a game in order to over write the copy protection, and im not that skilled :P, nor would i want to do that, i buy my games :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

View Postmattisdada, on 17 Sep, 2009 - 11:00 PM, said:

View Postmodi123_1, on 17 Sep, 2009 - 09:36 AM, said:

Huh? No, that wouldn't work at all. Games and other useful programs (freeware to) get blocked at school regularly.... I want to design a program that just changes the checksum hash in order to execute these games at school

Nothing to do with copy protection:P Because trust me, you'l need to reverse engineer a game in order to over write the copy protection, and im not that skilled :P, nor would i want to do that, i buy my games :)

Tsk..tsk..tsk. Your school has implemented their particular security for a reason. If you need a specific app go talk to the network guys and give them a solid reason for needing it and more than likely they will open it up.

Now about games on the network that's their own prerogative and as such you should adhere to it on their network. You will find it hard for people here to help you break your network's blocking program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

At Dream.In.Code we do not encourage or promote illegal activities. Modyfying a file to get through a security layer is one of those activities, therefore I am closing this thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1