6 Replies - 1067 Views - Last Post: 16 September 2009 - 08:07 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

3d game programming

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi .... i want to develop a 3D fighting game, i am thinking which platform and language to choose for developing it . While i was searching for my answer i got some links regarding 3D game programming using java . i just wanted to ask whether Java is a suitable language for developing 3D fighting games , or i must switch to some other platform . i have a good knowledge of C,C++ and a bit of Java .
Moreover if anybody can provide me with the suggestions on how to start with game programming , that will be even better for :-)
Any help and suggestions are appreciated :-)

This post has been edited by gauravfunm: 16 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 3d game programming

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: 3d game programming

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

as far as i know C++ is the better choice, although java has a bunch of libraries that you can add onto it to make it good, C++ is still better.

I think, feel free to correct me if im wrong
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

i have also heard the same but with java 6 there was a lot of emphasis on graphics and game programming . I didntt use them but heard that it has made Java look like a great language for game programming ...... thats why wanted to confirm . thanks for your suggestion
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

read this
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

View Postsnowflakes, on 16 Sep, 2009 - 06:21 PM, said:

Really instructive but do not beleive everything you read on Internet :)

This post has been edited by pbl: 16 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

I rarely discourage java, but for games, I recommend a bit of c# with xna. The xna platform is the platform used to make x box games. Infact, their website is a mecca for young hopefuls to create their own x box games and on some occasions, get them published. I done a project last year using this, and it was amazing. If you want to search it, google xna creators club. Their, you will find all the information you need along with some amazing tutorials. Also, on dreamincode, I know that member core has a good knowledge of xna and would be able to offer you advise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

View Postnick2price, on 16 Sep, 2009 - 06:53 PM, said:

I rarely discourage java, but for games, I recommend a bit of c# with xna. The xna platform is the platform used to make x box games. Infact, their website is a mecca for young hopefuls to create their own x box games and on some occasions, get them published. I done a project last year using this, and it was amazing. If you want to search it, google xna creators club. Their, you will find all the information you need along with some amazing tutorials. Also, on dreamincode, I know that member core has a good knowledge of xna and would be able to offer you advise.

Agree ... in real hot stuff you will have to copy video page to another one or copy an image store in linear memory to vieo memory
can't be done in Java
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1