Adobe Acrobat 9 javascript question (Radio buttons)

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2868 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a PDF form I am creating that do to restrictions does not allow my Radio buttons to have the same name. Is there a javascript that will allow my radio buttons to behave in the same way as if they were grouped?

I would love to be pointed in the right direction to any tutorials or Adobe manuals that will help me make my forms better.

Thanks everyone

Buni
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Adobe Acrobat 9 javascript question (Radio buttons)

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 javascript question (Radio buttons)

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

You could do something with getElementsByTagName("input")... but I don't know how many input tags you have. If you've got a lot, that probably won't help you.

You could also wrap your radio buttons in a DIV container, then do a getElementById("radioButtonDiv") and find your elements using the childNodes[x] DOM attribute.

I've never worked with Adobe in this way, so I can't offer much other help. I hope this gives you some ideas though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 javascript question (Radio buttons)

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

View Postarthurakay, on 22 Sep, 2009 - 05:37 AM, said:

You could do something with getElementsByTagName("input")... but I don't know how many input tags you have. If you've got a lot, that probably won't help you.

You could also wrap your radio buttons in a DIV container, then do a getElementById("radioButtonDiv") and find your elements using the childNodes[x] DOM attribute.

I've never worked with Adobe in this way, so I can't offer much other help. I hope this gives you some ideas though.

Not sure that it will work but I will try it thanks for your input HTML type javascript is slightly different the what Adobe will except.

again thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1