Getting JCreator Executable

How do i compile to an exe? Or find it..

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 8751 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2005 - 05:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Getting JCreator Executable

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:32 AM

Does anybody know how, in JCreator (I'm using JCreator V3LE), to find a runnable executable, or how to make one? When the console runs, the command prompt executes an exe named 'GE2001.exe', but this appears to just be a shell executable for the run time environment. This is unlike Dev-C++ where the Debug executable is the actual runnable program. Does anybody know how to help me?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Getting JCreator Executable

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Getting JCreator Executable

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:23 AM

Well, I don't really use JCreator, but if it's like most java IDEs, the it likely does not create a permanent executable. In fact, there are many in the java world that are not big fans of creating executables in that manner, preferring to install the app via running the class(es) on whatever system it is required. You certainly can create executables through the use of jar files (JCreator likely has a facility for this)...here is a good article on the whole process, although not IDE specific.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:38 PM

Thanks much Amadeus. I used exeJ to create the exe. Couldn't have done it without your help, so... thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:46 PM

No problem sir! :)

Just remember, the target system needs the JRE installed...and it's possible that exeJ only creates executables for windows platforms...not sure if that's a problem or not.

Have a good night!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1