• Last »

97 Replies - 5939 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: There is no debating it

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 24 Sep, 2009 - 09:35 AM, said:

...I probably already had the swine flu, but I just got over it already. Like when I got sick when it first came out... I think that was it.

Swine flu gives you sudden acute fever without much of the typical dry throat, cold, runny nose, or other symptoms. The fever hits fast and stays high for a while. If you just had no fever to some fever with a sore throat and typical nose symptoms, you most likely just had the seasonal sickness.

Why do I know this? Well someone wanted to know whether or not what they had was the swine flu, a cold, or regular flu and they asked a doctor about it.

I'm sick and tired of sore throats. I can deal with acute fevers at least.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 04 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

Did you see that fever in class today? She was really acute.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:19 AM

I've recently heard an expert on the subject explain vaccines (how they really work, etc.) and told me how the chance of a vaccine going wrong is as likely as getting hit by lightning and that all this "it causes autism", "it kills people" are sensational conclusions drawn from loosely correlated data.

I might actually start researching this myself, actually. I'm kind of curious.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

I just think that most of the medicines and antibiotics these days are being so overused that the bacteria and stuff are getting used to it, and are evolving to beat it and become stronger. Because of our overuse of said products, superflu's are taking over, and that will just cause us to make stronger and stronger medicines. Soon the sicknesses will be so powerful that a little baby could catch it easily and die quickly, and because of the baby's fragileness, it can't take the medicine because it will be too strong and would kill it. So our only choice then would be to put them in a plastic bubble for the first few years of its life or let them die. This is why I never go to the doctors, and I only take 4-5 antibacterial pills ONLY AS A BOOSTER as I want to make my immune system do it by itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• you can't fix stupid.

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

View PostNeoTifa, on 24 Sep, 2009 - 08:35 AM, said:

Dormant and seemingly nonexistant unless attacked...

That is not one of the better comparisons I've seen..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

I was referring to isolationism in the 30's-40's. After WWII we started getting into everyones business, but really, for the most part, we try to stay out of shit I believe. Guess I shoulda said "like the U.S.'s military during WWII..."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

View PostNeoTifa, on 5 Oct, 2009 - 06:31 AM, said:

I just think that most of the medicines and antibiotics these days are being so overused that the bacteria and stuff are getting used to it, and are evolving to beat it and become stronger. Because of our overuse of said products, superflu's are taking over, and that will just cause us to make stronger and stronger medicines. Soon the sicknesses will be so powerful that a little baby could catch it easily and die quickly, and because of the baby's fragileness, it can't take the medicine because it will be too strong and would kill it. So our only choice then would be to put them in a plastic bubble for the first few years of its life or let them die. This is why I never go to the doctors, and I only take 4-5 antibacterial pills ONLY AS A BOOSTER as I want to make my immune system do it by itself.

Hey um, you do realize vaccines apply genetics to work you know? They work by "equipping" your immune system, triggering the response that enables it to fight the target.

No, no, you were talking about normal antibiotics and medicines and probably already know this, but just remember vaccines are different.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Persian Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:10 AM

In here, I was forced to do a flu vaccination (not the swine flu, but that normal kinds)... I know all about the immune systems of body and how vaccination can enhance the security of the body, but having a normal flu vaccination each year at fall, really has a bad effect on immune system as you know, it gets weaker and weaker. And guess who forced me to do it ? School! :D it's funny
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

View PostAnarion, on 8 Oct, 2009 - 06:10 AM, said:

...but having a normal flu vaccination each year at fall, really has a bad effect on immune system as you know,...

This is false. The whole point of a vaccine is to strengthen your immune system.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 08 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

View PostWolfCoder, on 8 Oct, 2009 - 07:25 AM, said:

...but having a normal flu vaccination each year at fall, really has a bad effect on immune system as you know,...

This is false. The whole point of a vaccine is to strengthen your immune system.

Depends on if you are getting vaccinations or immunisations. Vaccinations (I think, I may be wrong here. This is just my understanding of it) are there to deal with the illness. Immunisations are there to help your immune system so it can deal with the illness itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Persian Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

:D Yup after checking it up again, it seems there is no big problem with that... but being forced still doesn't make sense for normal flu... does it? I sorta agree with the swine flu vaccination because it needs to be cleaned from everywhere. But other minimal diseases (with no life danger) it's not good.

Edit: the kind of vaccination which gives "Active Defense" doesn't have bad effects, because it gives your immune system the memorial B-Lynfocyte cells which can later fight diseases actively.

This post has been edited by Anarion: 08 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

View PostBort, on 8 Oct, 2009 - 08:52 AM, said:

View PostWolfCoder, on 8 Oct, 2009 - 07:25 AM, said:

Depends on if you are getting vaccinations or immunisations. Vaccinations (I think, I may be wrong here. This is just my understanding of it) are there to deal with the illness. Immunisations are there to help your immune system so it can deal with the illness itself.

A kind of immunization is the result of a vaccine.

http://www.cdc.gov/v...unity-types.htm

...But other minimal diseases (with no life danger) it's not good...

Also false. You agree to a swine flu vaccination, and I hope you understand the normal flu is more likely to kill you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's That Guy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

The fact is that Wolfcoder is right. These vaccines, medicines, shots, immunizations, etc, are not making our immune system worse. Oh no, our immune system is quite fine right now. So what's the problem you ask? Simple, the things they prevent. We've overused medicine and it's coming back on us. How? Because we forget that we're not the only ones that can evolve. The diseases, germs, conditions these medicines treat are becoming new strands of the same thing, but with an inbuilt resistance to all the medicines we have know. Why do we have super viruses? Because we've been giving out medicines like candy. You go in for the common cold (something that will heal itself quite fine by itself) and you get a medicine. Now we have the super common cold. Funny huh.

Still, I have never received a flu shot and never had the flu. However, I believe I am a special case and that eventually, I will get the flu at one point. So everyone should get the vaccines. I just don't want only one side of the use of them being shown.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:27 PM

View Postccubed, on 8 Oct, 2009 - 11:21 PM, said:

Oh no, our immune system is quite fine right now. So what's the problem you ask? Simple, the things they prevent. We've overused medicine and it's coming back on us.

I don't even so much as take aspirin for a head-ache. So how have I over used medicine? I don't get sick because I take care of myself. Unlike most American's, I wash my hands regularly, & even more so when in public. I make sure to take pro-active healthy choices, eat right, & exercise regularly.

Yet I'm to be forced to take a vaccine that was created this year. They have not even tested it, & I'm supposed to allow them to put into my body. Bull-shit!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's That Guy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

I was referring to the overall state of american medicine. Obviously, anything has exceptions. As for being forced, I'm not aware of any law that allows them to force you to take a vaccine. I don't take vaccines, so why are you forced to? School? College doesn't require every vaccine that comes along and they can only force you to have basic immunizations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »