how to create a program in visual basic.net

what i 1st do to create a program that can use in a feature?

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1216 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2009 - 04:40 PM Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to create a program in visual basic.net

Post icon  Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

:) :) [size=3][size=7][font=Lucida Console] :ph34r:
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to create a program in visual basic.net

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to create a program in visual basic.net

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

[rules][/rules]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

To start out I think you should get a book on how to do this stuff but I will show you how to display a message box
1. Create a new form in visual basic 2008
2.When the form loads up double click on the form to show the applications load event
3.Type in this code(if you want to learn anything don't copy and paste, type it out"
MessageBox.Show("My Text", "My Caption", MessageBoxButtons.OKCancel, _
MessageBoxIcon.Information, MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button1)

Take a look at the show method of the MessageBox class. You can specify the Show method in several ways; the more common syntaxes are shown in the following list:
  • MessageBox.Show(message text)
  • MessageBox.Show(message text, caption)
  • MessageBox.Show(message text, caption, buttons)
  • MessageBox.Show(message text, caption, buttons, icon)
  • MessageBox.Show(message text, caption, buttons, default button)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Caption represents either static text or a string variable that will be used to display text in the title bar of the message box. If the parameter is omitted, no text is displayed in the title bar.
  • Buttons represents a value from the MessageBoxButton enumeration. This parameter enables you to specify which of the available buttons to display in the MessageBox dialog box. If you omit this parameter, the OK button is displayed as the only button in the box.
  • Icon represents a value from the MessageBoxIcon enumeration. This parameter enables you to specify which of the available icons displays in the MessageBox dialog box. If you omit this parameter, no icon is displayed.
  • Default button represents a value from the MessageBoxDefaultButton enumeration. This parameter enables you to specify which of the buttons is set as the default button in the MessageBox dialog box. If you omit this parameter, the first button displayed becomes the default button.

This is a good way to start out in visual basic. Even if you think this is too easy for you it is something you should know if you want to be a professional in visual basic. If you do become a professional you will be using this a lot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

I assume that you are totally new to VB .Net?

In that case, I recommend you look up some youtube tutorials. Hello World is a good project to start with (as above), but I recommend looking up "Web Browser" creation. Easy, useful and fun, plus it will take you through the layout of VB Express (toolbox, forms, designer panel etc.)

Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

View PostCheckersW, on 24 Sep, 2009 - 03:38 PM, said:

I assume that you are totally new to VB .Net?

In that case, I recommend you look up some youtube tutorials. Hello World is a good project to start with (as above), but I recommend looking up "Web Browser" creation. Easy, useful and fun, plus it will take you through the layout of VB Express (toolbox, forms, designer panel etc.)

Good luck.

I agree with CheckersW use youtube for tutorials
But i also think you should get a book
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1