4 Replies - 369 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

HaffCaff's Intro

Post icon  Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hey, I'm HaffCaff, Uhm I'm a High School Sophomore, Started programming about a 2 years ago, something to do during my sport off-seasons (I run track, 800/1600, and I play Football for my JV team, Second string right outside linebacker) Though i am just beginning to learn the REAL languages, having stared on Dan and Tom;s "BYOND" (Object Oriented Programming, its like REALLY easy C/C++ with a built in GDK)
Decided to do C++, 1. because it seems like it is REALLY flexible, and you can do a lot, and the download for it was free, didn't have to pay for it, and , my school is an IB school and choose to make a C++ program/app for the final product of my IB "Personal Product" so expect to see me on the forums alot the next month or two.

Think I went a little over board with Intro so sorry about that, but i guess that it.

(P.S. Still early enough in project for me to change languages if C++ isnt right for a basic app, like encoder or something easy)

Thanks for Reading.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: HaffCaff's Intro

• a * a = (b * b) + (c * c) - 2(b)(c)cos(A)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HaffCaff's Intro

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

You're in IB at school? I am too! My school has no IT classes though; that's pretty fucking annoying.

Welcome to Dream In Code, hope you enjoy your stay and get all the help you need.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hi HaffCaff. Welcome to Dream.In.Code! :)

I think C++ is a very good choice for a beginner project. You can get free downloads of compilers for other languages, though. My instructor for a programming class I'm taking this semester even has a Fortran compiler. I'll have to remember to ask him for that one. :)

It's cool that you're learning programming at such a young age. Good for you. :^:

I'll see you around the site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

@s3thst4:
My school doesn't either, We have basic classes like Computer Apps one, tis so boring when you know everything :(

@OliveOyl3471
Thanks! ^_^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• a * a = (b * b) + (c * c) - 2(b)(c)cos(A)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

View PostHaffCAff, on 24 Sep, 2009 - 02:57 PM, said:

@s3thst4:
My school doesn't either, We have basic classes like Computer Apps one, tis so boring when you know everything :(

@OliveOyl3471
Thanks! ^_^

We have business tech, which is just learning MS Office and learning to type in different formats like MLA. Useless, imo.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1