2 Replies - 9215 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2009 - 01:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB.NET Project Ideas (For Beginner)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

I was just wondering if anyone out there had some good ideas for a final project I have coming up. I'm beginner in VB.NET. I just want some suggestions. Thanks

[SPECS]
•Must not be a tool that can be considered malicious. (No port-sniffers, packet-sniffers, or other items of the sort)
•Must contain at least 2 display forms
•Must contain a standard menu component/structure, with appropriate hot-key combinations

This post has been edited by cherryxbomb: 29 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB.NET Project Ideas (For Beginner)

• This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET Project Ideas (For Beginner)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

View Postcherryxbomb, on 29 Sep, 2009 - 06:33 AM, said:

I was just wondering if anyone out there had some good ideas for a final project I have coming up. I'm beginner in VB.NET. I just want some suggestions. Thanks

[SPECS]
•Must not be a tool that can be considered malicious. (No port-sniffers, packet-sniffers, or other items of the sort)
•Must contain at least 2 display forms
•Must contain a standard menu component/structure, with appropriate hot-key combinations

For a school project, the first idea that comes to mind is an address book.

The first form opens up with a list of current people and to the side of the list, the information on the selected person with the second form having add/edit code for adding or changing entries.

The nice thing about something like this is, you can turn in a basic project and then use it to build upon it later to increase your knowledge in different areas.

Like... adding a picture of the person, allowing multiple types of phone numbers etc...

just an idea.

The only thing about a project like this is a database would be ideal for storing the information and you didn't specify if you have developed db applications.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pugnacious Penguin (inspired by no2pencil)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET Project Ideas (For Beginner)

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi,

Another classic for school is the Webbrowser. You can start off with a very basic web browser, just with the browser, Go, Back, Forward, Home, Stop, and Refresh. You can then start to add more advanced features such as full screen browsing, a source code viewer, some basic Link tools, etc

You could have the main form as a Browser, and a secondary form as a Source Viewer.

After that, if you want to elaborate your project, you could think about adding tabs, and having a look at the VB.NET Internet Explorer Clone by Thomas Maxwell. It is a very complicated browser, and you should not try to use all of the features untill you have alteast a year of experience on VB.NET.

If you want any of the code, I will be more than happy to send you a demo project which I have made with code and an explanation.

Email me on {email address removed}

Note: You will never be able to make a webbrowser better than firefox, no matter how hard you try. I have been trying for over a year, but to no avail.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1