9 Replies - 2613 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2005 - 07:33 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How did this site get to #1 on google

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

Can anyone help me? I am trying to inrease the ranking of my site and i have noticed the following site h##p://www.freshfinance.net has managed to get to no.1 on google. i know it has thousands of reciprocal links arranged but none of them appear on the site! How has the site managed to do this?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How did this site get to #1 on google

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How did this site get to #1 on google

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:00 AM

I've replied several times to virtually the same question, can you confirm if you've even read my previous responses. I'm not going to waste my time replying to these every couple days if you're just going to repost the same thing over and over.

If you can't confirm you are actually reading these replies, I'm going to restrict your posting rights. We can't have the same question asked over and over, and answered over and over, it's a waste of everyones time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:09 AM

I apologise for causing so much trouble. I have read the replies but no one has been able to tell me how this site can have thousands of reciprocal links arranged but have none appear on the site. The reason I asked again was I was hoping that someone could actually anwer the question. I appreciate there have been replies but as I said none of them actually answer the question!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:18 AM

Ask them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

very funny
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

Fair enough, it would be better if you replied to those threads saying that was not the answer you wanted so we could try and elaborate.

No one but the people who do the SEO for that site will know how they got to number 1. We can only speculate.

I would imagine they got thousands of backlinks by link brokering, as I said in my previous replies. They have probably purchased links on hundreds, even thousands, of other web sites and this has boosted their ranking in google. For a highly competitive keyword (something in the financial industry) I would guess it would take over $50,000 in JUST purchasing back links to even approach a top 25 position.

Please keep in mind that the number of links shown using the link:domain.com query is not the actual number of links, but merely a sampling. The actual number of links can be better obtained by searching for "domain.com"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

Obviously I have mistakingly assumed I was asking mature, helpful experts. Please forgive my error of judgement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:28 AM

It is very off putting for a new member of the forum to be shot down by antagonistic responses. I am new to this type of thing and was only asking for help. I apologise if I have behaved in an inappropriate manner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:29 AM

Look at this from our persepective, you've asked the same question repeatedly, it has been answered repeatedly without a thank you, or a "that's not what I was looking for", instead, you've just reposted the same question worded differently as if to ignore the fact we took the time to answer a question which can not be answered.

If we knew how that site got to #1 on google, I can assure you I would not be sitting here running dreamincode.net for little or no profit. I would be charging thousands of dollars to get people to that #1 spot.

Nobody but the person that did their SEO knows how they got to #1, and I would imagine it's a very closely guarded secret. There's no reason to be condescending, symphonic was being sarcastic. Which, given your question, was a valid response.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:33 AM

thank you for your reply.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1