1 Replies - 1020 Views - Last Post: 22 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Dynamic websites: How do they affect page ranking / search engine craw

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hey all!

I'm working on a dynamic site with php, and I want to make one page called "news.php." What this page will do is read information from a mysql database and print it. "Page 1" has say 10 news articles, and all clicking page 2 does is tell the php script to load articles 11-20, though you're still technically on "news.php."

My question is this: Will google and other search engines recognize "page 1" and "page 2" of my news.php page as two separate pages and read the content from both, or will it only see 1 news.php and completely ignore all of my other articles beyond the 'first page' of news.php?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Edit/Delete Message

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dynamic websites: How do they affect page ranking / search engine craw

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Dynamic websites: How do they affect page ranking / search engine craw

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

As long as your page has GET parameters, the search engines will look at them as different pages:
...news.php?start=11&end=20...

However, you may run into duplicate content issues as those GET parameters can be included in any order. The SERPs will see "?start=11&end=20" as different from "?end=20&start=11".

So, you need to be sure to utilize things like the "canonical" meta tag, Robots.txt, and Google Webmaster Tools so you can avoid duplicate content.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1