Hello, newbie here

Not new to PHP or HTML but Self-taught

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 429 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello, newbie here

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

:) Hi there. I am a disabled wife and mother of 3. I am visually impaired and thus I am making a game for the blind. I am really excited about it. I'm using PHP, HTML, and MYSQL and a bit of Javascript for the chat. It will be a online RPG, single player but you can trade goods with other players.

I taught myself how to code, but a friend of mine who does IT for the local police says I'm doing very well. Check out what I have so far of my game at http://www.mandalantales.info and choose graphics mode (text mode isn't as far completed yet)). You can walk around your house and kill a rat over and over and explore a bit more, but outside of the house isn't quite done yet.

It is an old school type game. I already have the storyline and much of the code written, I just have to work on graphics and copy/paste stuff.

I used to play the guitar, but due to my disabilities I can no longer do that so I have dedicated myself to programming. I guess I'm a geek because I love it! :P

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello, newbie here

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello, newbie here

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hello Alice. Welcome to Dream in code!

Visually impaired? Does that mean you are blind? Please forgive my ignorance, but how can you program if you cannot see?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

welcome!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

View PostAliceNWunderland, on 11 Oct, 2009 - 10:02 PM, said:

:) Hi there. I am a disabled wife and mother of 3. I am visually impaired and thus I am making a game for the blind. I am really excited about it. I'm using PHP, HTML, and MYSQL and a bit of Javascript for the chat. It will be a online RPG, single player but you can trade goods with other players.

I taught myself how to code, but a friend of mine who does IT for the local police says I'm doing very well. Check out what I have so far of my game at http://www.mandalantales.info and choose graphics mode (text mode isn't as far completed yet)). You can walk around your house and kill a rat over and over and explore a bit more, but outside of the house isn't quite done yet.

It is an old school type game. I already have the storyline and much of the code written, I just have to work on graphics and copy/paste stuff.

I used to play the guitar, but due to my disabilities I can no longer do that so I have dedicated myself to programming. I guess I'm a geek because I love it! :P

Make sure to let us know when it's finished or if you want some testers. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would love to test out a game and give tons of feedback. We can also spread the word about your game to others. Good luck and happy coding!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1