POS system

NOT asking for code

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 3826 Views - Last Post: 12 October 2009 - 06:06 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

POS system

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hi all,

I am taking on the task of writing a completely customized database and pos system for a business plan that i have written up. It will be used for a gaming/video store.
I have the design of the database written as well as the design of the pos system written.

What i am asking for is a little information/help with a couple of the pos equipment. I am mainly asking for more information/help on using credit card readers and receipt printers.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for good card readers to interact with vb, or any good receipt printers to interact with vb, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: POS system

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: POS system

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

At work I typically deal with Ingenico and Verifone. We have SDKs for both so Im not entirely sure how you would access it directly with vb. I deal with the Ingenico i6550 over RS232 mostly. Read up on UNICAPT 32 and look for a tool called IngeDev which is the Ingenico Application development tool.

As for Verifone, I dont interact much with those. Ill see if I can find out the names of the tools our PSRD department uses and Ill let you know what I find.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1