3 Replies - 4968 Views - Last Post: 17 October 2009 - 02:10 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Docking Form to Desktop

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Is there anyway to "dock" a form to the desktop?

I have a "child" form that will display info when the main form loads. This form is not meant for the User to interact with it. When I load the form and other windows are open, it displays over those windows until I minimize and then restore the windows.

So I want to be able to dock it to the desktop.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Docking Form to Desktop

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Docking Form to Desktop

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Just set the form start position to full screen and make it so the user can't resize the control. That will lock the form to the desktop than can't be resized from full screen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

i think i get what you mean. you want the window to always be the bottom most, right? if you just want it to be the bottom most window of all of your forms, you can use "me.topmost", so...

Private Sub Form_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
		Me.TopMost = True
	End Sub

use that for each form that you wish to not be the back most layer
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

Just set the form start position to full screen and make it so the user can't resize the control. That will lock the form to the desktop than can't be resized from full screen.

The form already does not accept User interaction. When I start my app, the form that I want to be on the desktop, is on top of other applications. I want it to always be on the bottom.

i think i get what you mean. you want the window to always be the bottom most, right? if you just want it to be the bottom most window of all of your forms, you can use "me.topmost", so...

That only applies to my forms.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1