Your Life Sucks

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

129 Replies - 5041 Views - Last Post: 06 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Your Life Sucks

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

the consequences was my point as well. sometimes that happens. shit doesn't get called. it's not symptomatic of texas. it is however a very telling sign of your big 12 kansas bias. fail. whale.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 18 Oct, 2009 - 02:26 PM, said:

it is however a very telling sign of your big 12 kansas bias. fail. whale.

Uhh, call me crazy, but even when Kansas does something stupid, I'm not afraid to say it was. I'd feel the same way if <insert random Kansas player's name here> did it. So, umm...remind me again of how I failed? Considering I never held Kansas up on a pedestal like they couldn't do anything wrong.

I just don't think that shit belongs in the game. PERIOD. It's an ego thing. And also retarded.

And I haven't ever seen another headbutt that has knocked another player down in the NCAA, so...Texas would be the first. Everything's bigger in Texas, even the egos and idiots.

This post has been edited by Locke: 18 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

it was a blown call. it was a bad call. yes the consequences prolly should have been worse (i dunno, i didn't see it, but i assume so)

BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING A PLAYER ON TEXAS SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

You guys talk about this as if it had been something important.. Personally I don't even consider american football to be a real sport.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

...because you're not from America.

edited because I can't spell "because".

This post has been edited by Locke: 18 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

View PostGloin, on 18 Oct, 2009 - 01:38 PM, said:

You guys talk about this as if it had been something important.. Personally I don't even consider american football to be a real sport.

and i don't consider sweeden a real country or the cookie monster a real monster, so you know, equilibrium.

This post has been edited by supersloth: 18 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

#11 is kirkendoll, a senior, and a standup guy on the team. We were all like wtf was that when it happened, and you saw the coaches jump on him on the sideline, and you saw a lot more of that in post-game news conferences etc.... it was a bad move. Tossed from the game though? Your kidding there. It was a dirty head shot, but no dirtier than a roughing the passer or a hit out of bounds.

I am obviously biased, but OU imo had the dirtiest hit with the out of bounds hit, and then they had one real bad roughing the passer that wasn't called. The refs in the big 12 are decidedly shitty, and showed that yesterday on both sides of the ball. I dunno if its the big game atmosphere that made them lose their shit but they called flags on nothing and then let obvious stuff go.

The stuff not shown on tv, such as guys on top of eachother during kickoff returns was amazing to me it wasn't drawing personal fouls.

Nonetheless:

The Red River Shootout at the Cotton Bowl, is the most amazing thing I have ever been to. Had this game been played in Austin I would have left miserable with the play of my team, but the sheer joy of beating OU on a field really split 50/50 was awesome.

I've never been to any sporting event where its truly neutral and split like that. Its one side against the other, we would be depressed and they would yell and vice-a-versa. Then you leave and attend the texas state fair, milling with a cocky grin on your face as the ou kids look downtrodden but its still fun for both sides.

Thoughts on the game itself :

Greg davis is absolutely killing the offense. Like normal but last year (and vy's year) we were playing well in spite of greg davis' play calling. this year we haven't been able to do that. Colt had identical stats to Jimmy clausen (minus the fumbles) yesterday but threw for 200 less yards because of those shitty screens and dump off passes that GD calls . We never run a deep route and its inconceivable why.

Muschamp has turned a normal big 12 defense into a bunch of studs. They are still weak in spots (the screens that multiple times picked up big games is fact) but minus one broken tackle, the OU team doesn't score a TD in this game. Multiple red zone stands because they had amazing field position the whole game. -15 rushing yards for OU, best stat in the entire NCAA all year. When the team came over for 'the eyes of texas' post-game the chant was de-fense because thats what we're living on right now

Mizzou is a really scary game next week away because the offense is miserable. (though colt did play with a fucked-up thumb , first drive had his nail pulled 75% off, still no running game at all)

Sam Bradford lost a lot of money coming back. Now he falls into the 'fragile' category. Even if he sat out season he only had one injury, he wouldn't be injury prone. Landry Jones is just as dangerous -- the real problem with their team is no o-line. I like this kid, and can admit it now that I never have to play him again .... and texas fans put our hons up for him just as they do for every injury because while as heated and shit talking a rivalry gets, there is a certain respect between two quality teams and players. even though mack brown could bring two hookers to the game and sit them next to him on the sideline and still have more class than stoops. :)

And I haven't ever seen another headbutt that has knocked another player down in the NCAA, so...Texas would be the first. Everything's bigger in Texas, even the egos and idiots

Dumb comment.

This post has been edited by capty99: 18 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

View Postcapty99, on 18 Oct, 2009 - 07:05 PM, said:

Dumb comment.

Happens.

See, don't get me wrong. I respect Texas. I know that they have good football teams. And I don't like the fact that we'll have to play you in Austin this year. We'll probably lose, unless our defense plans on showing up to any more games this year. :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

Im just upset because Arkansas lost by 3 damn points to Florida. You cant play the other team and the refs at the same time, and that game was full of shit calls.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

It's easy to see where american football comes from. It's like when little kids play real football and some little kid gets cranky because he is never able to possess the ball being outplayed by some bigger kid. He then picks it up with his hands and tries to hold it tight and runs around with the ball while other kids try to take it away from him until eventually the little kid holding the ball drops to the ground in a last attempt not to lose the ball. That's when Zidane comes in and headbutts the kid.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

Hmm..

This post has been edited by evinrows: 19 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

View PostGloin, on 19 Oct, 2009 - 01:54 AM, said:

It's easy to see where american football comes from. It's like when little kids play real football and some little kid gets cranky because he is never able to possess the ball being outplayed by some bigger kid. He then picks it up with his hands and tries to hold it tight and runs around with the ball while other kids try to take it away from him until eventually the little kid holding the ball drops to the ground in a last attempt not to lose the ball. That's when Zidane comes in and headbutts the kid.

This oddly sounds like "Smear the Queer" without the headbutts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

I have watched parts of the super bowl a few times but couldnt take it. For less than an hour of effective play you get ~2 hours of commercials; you'd have to be some sort of masochist to enjoy watching fotball (at home)..

This post has been edited by LaFayette: 19 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

Get this:

Some people watch the Super Bowl specifically for the commercials. :o
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

seriously, the anti-football sentiment is played out on this forum. a large portion of the forum like football, and don't like having to defend it or move past your comments. we're fine with soccer, start your own thread. we're fine with cricket, don't understand it, but won't come into your thread to diss it. so , how about you let us talk football.

Texas' biggest games of the year are the next 2 weeks. Mizzou could be a trap. OSU will be hard. The ags are done-for, and I've never seen a Texas team lose at home. (though I did not have season tickets my sophomore year.... the last sentence holds true. ) :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »