2 Replies - 842 Views - Last Post: 17 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Software Development Methodology

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been reading about software development methodologies mainly Waterfall, V-Model, Spiral Model and RAD. If I were to design a system which aims to give arrival times of Buses at certain bus stops, which Model would best suit this project?

The Buses would be tracked using GPS and users could either use the internet or mobile phones to determine the arrival times of their bus.

Regards
Mskh
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Software Development Methodology

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Development Methodology

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

A critical question here: is this question for a homework assignment or the like?

Because the question for various reasons doesn't have a sensible answer. In part, the question assumes something completely incorrect about software methodologies, I think.

I would be happy to enter to a discussion about those nuances, but do you care?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Software Development Methodology

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

My question is mere curiosity. Lets say if we were to design an Anti-Missile system then we would definitely use the spiral model due to its iterative nature and due to the fact that we dealing with a high-risk application. So my questions was, if we were to design the bus tracking project, which model would we use?

In part, the question assumes something completely incorrect about software methodologies, I think

I'm sorry to say you thought wrong as any project must have an associated model with it. If not how are you gonna go about building it?

mskh
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1