3 Replies - 578 Views - Last Post: 17 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question about Payment Gateways

Post icon  Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hello,

I am trying to set up a shopping cart system, using Agora. I have never done this before, so I'm a little unsure as to the 'typical' practices. For instance:

I was told told that I have to pay a monthly service fee in order for customer's credit card information to be processed. I would like to minimize the cost required to run this site, and was wondering if this 'service fee' will be required, no matter what route I take.

If not, what alternatives do I have? Like I said, I'm very new to shopping carts, so I apologize if I am not clear in my description of the problem. Are there ways to set up a shopping cart, complete with payment gateways and credit card processing, for completely free? Do services such as PayPal offer free credit card processing?

Also, if any of you have preferred shopping carts you have used in the past, and that worked well for you, I would love to hear about them.

Vaune

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question about Payment Gateways

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question about Payment Gateways

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

View PostVaune, on 17 Oct, 2009 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hello,

I am trying to set up a shopping cart system, using Agora. I have never done this before, so I'm a little unsure as to the 'typical' practices. For instance:

I was told told that I have to pay a monthly service fee in order for customer's credit card information to be processed. I would like to minimize the cost required to run this site, and was wondering if this 'service fee' will be required, no matter what route I take.

If not, what alternatives do I have? Like I said, I'm very new to shopping carts, so I apologize if I am not clear in my description of the problem. Are there ways to set up a shopping cart, complete with payment gateways and credit card processing, for completely free? Do services such as PayPal offer free credit card processing?

Also, if any of you have preferred shopping carts you have used in the past, and that worked well for you, I would love to hear about them.

Vaune

Because that monthly fee comes from the banks, I doubt there will be any way to avoid it. You could submit the data directly to the bank however then you have some serious security issues to deal with. So I don't think there is any way to avoid this one. Pay Pal I believe is free for non-commercial users, So since you will be a commercial user then you need to look into that one a little further with pay pal themselves. Hope this helps

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thank you, Mark, for the assistance. I will continue to look around at sites like PayPal and such. Perhaps by some act of God I can find what I'm looking for!

EDIT: It looks like PayPal DOES offer free credit processing, however customers are linked to PayPal's site. For a small website, I think that is a viable option.

~Vaune

This post has been edited by Vaune: 17 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostVaune, on 17 Oct, 2009 - 10:05 AM, said:

Thank you, Mark, for the assistance. I will continue to look around at sites like PayPal and such. Perhaps by some act of God I can find what I'm looking for!

EDIT: It looks like PayPal DOES offer free credit processing, however customers are linked to PayPal's site. For a small website, I think that is a viable option.

~Vaune

Absolutely this could be a viable option, especially because Pay Pal is so widely used.

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1