spydertl.com

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1600 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2001 - 09:25 AM

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

sneak peak...

Posted 06 April 2001 - 11:47 PM

As many of you may know, my personal portfolio site is http://www.spydertl.com well I was getting tired of the design and wanted something with more color and feeling... so I've begun a new design... here is a sneak peak of the new design (done totally in photoshop in 10 minutes while listening to an alternative house mix by DJ Irene, THE ONLY WAY TO DESIGN BABY!!!)

http://www.dreaminco...EWPORTFOLIO.gif

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: sneak peak...

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: sneak peak...

Posted 07 April 2001 - 05:24 AM

good... personally i like the darker colors but thats good.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2001 - 06:28 AM

very nice.  i'm not so sure i like how the gray bars contrast with the bright colors.  maybe change them to a deep red or something?  i'm just picturing this, so just play around with what looks best to you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2001 - 06:16 PM

Hello!

I'm sorry but those sites that remind me of bad flash movies with large stark colors in huge feild patterns bore me personally. The layout is good in my opinion, but it's been my experience that people like "busier" websites. Even portfolio's need some sense of action, not lethargic color schemes and bland solid color areas. Keep the design, ditch the colors! Go for more "action" for lack of a better term. Busy it up a little.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2001 - 08:13 PM

Lord, I have to disagree with that, and for me disagree'ing, I need a reason(s). Here it is.
Firstly i do agree, busier sites do attract people although when it comes down to webdesign sites and for your company i would say stiking with a flat layout (like the one shown above) is best to go with. Old fart (a.k.a: business owners hehe) usually arnt 'hip' to that kind of crazy animation im sure your trying to get at. They want somthing they can easily click on and dont have to figure out where the menu actually is! Anyways, For a webdesign type site that u want businesses to goto stick with a simple yet effective design. When it comes to hype animation and shooting at your face text i would put that in portfolio, or exmaple work....
Well theres my 5000cents. I mean 2cents. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2001 - 05:03 AM

Hmmm.... good point. I suppose it's the design should depend upon your demographic target for the site. If you're aiming for teens, busier, with all the information available in one click from anywhere on the site. If you're aiming for the older group (i.e. the people that will actually be hiring you) perhaps a simpler design is better, but since I've never hit old status, I can only speculate that's the reason that sites like http://fool.com and yahoo.com are so popular. Personaly, I don't like the layout of either, ESPECIALLY yahoo, but they're two of the most trafficked sites in the world. I DO like http://about.com though...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2001 - 09:25 AM

awesome design hawk, simple yet somewhat creative, but i'm with Lord Manimal, i'm not too sure about the gray bars, perhaps a warmer color would fit better, gray is so cold compared to the rest of the colors.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1