3 Replies - 19281 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2011 - 01:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to compile in notepad++

Post icon  Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

i want to practice c programming in notepad++ but cant find the necessary commands,could you guys please tell me how to compile and run a c file in notepad++
NB. I already have installed Borland's Turbo C++ ver 3.0. Is there any problem with it?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to compile in notepad++

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to compile in notepad++

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

I use notepad++ sometimes, and I don't recall seeing a way to compile using it. It's just a text editor (unless I'm mistaken). You can write html code in notepad++ and open it with a browser, but I'm pretty sure you can't compile C code with it. Just copy/paste it into a compiler. Though you could just write it there in the first place.

Whether you are having a problem with Turbo C++, how are we supposed to know that? lol. You tell us. I have not heard of any major problems with Turbo C++ though. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:42 AM

View PostLami, on 21 Oct, 2009 - 08:53 AM, said:

i want to practice c programming in notepad++ but cant find the necessary commands,could you guys please tell me how to compile and run a c file in notepad++
NB. I already have installed Borland's Turbo C++ ver 3.0. Is there any problem with it?

Notepad++ is a text editor. You'll want a compiler in order to compile things (sounds obvious but probably isn't when you're new)

I suggest using an IDE like Code::Blocks or Netbeans, and installing a compiler like gcc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

View PostLami, on 21 October 2009 - 02:53 AM, said:

Use NppExec
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1