• « First

123 Replies - 11393 Views - Last Post: 06 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Windows 7 Released

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 5 Nov, 2009 - 02:46 PM, said:

@moopet: I'd like to know where you're getting your information from. You've made several posts similar to your last one in this thread regarding Windows 7, and I'd like to know where you're getting your data from? I have a Linksys wireless card (as does my wife) and neither of us had any issues with it, nor have we had any driver issues with any of our hardware whatsoever.

In fact I've done several upgrades for people so far (about 6 or 7) and have yet to run into a single driver issue with any of them, so no offense but I think you're kind of speaking out your butt on this one and offering unfounded information & advice :)

I've done one and a half installs of it. One failed, the other worked but I can't get drivers for the graphics card so it's stuck in non-accelerated XGA on a WUXGA display, which is pretty useless since it was my media player machine :)

My arguments here have mostly been about why I think people are missing the point with their reasoning for buying it. For example, Wushumonste just said that he installed it because it was free - which isn't a reason to install something, I'm not particularly trying to bash any particular operating system, though my last comment was a not-too subtle dig at the industry for being all close-source. If there were open source drivers for stuff, then odds are I could recompile them on my media system and I wouldn't have this problem - and then I'd be able to use windows 7 on it. Not explicitly a Microsoft thing, but they're a bit like the ringleaders.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#122 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Damn straight! Open source hardware FTW!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

Installed x64 and got a new wireless card. Works great! Except now I have a RAM issue. Started a thread in the operating system support forum:
http://www.dreaminco...topic137084.htm

Basically, it's acting like a 32-bit OS only having 2.48GB of RAM available despite "seeing" all 4GB.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

View PostWushuMonster, on 6 Nov, 2009 - 03:38 PM, said:

Installed x64 and got a new wireless card. Works great! Except now I have a RAM issue. Started a thread in the operating system support forum:
http://www.dreaminco...topic137084.htm

Basically, it's acting like a 32-bit OS only having 2.48GB of RAM available despite "seeing" all 4GB.

Replied, that's your motherboard/BIOS Setting, not the OS :)

This post has been edited by RudiVisser: 06 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First