Yahoo's Reindexing

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 880 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Yahoo's Reindexing

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

I added a piece of text on my website's main page a week (or couple of weeks) ago. When I search my name on Yahoo, my website comes on top perfect with the same piece of text also showing up in the description. However, even before adding that piece of text, I removed a whole section from my website. But just under the main result, it shows up the section as a sub result*. How do I get rid of that section?

*I call them sub results, those that appear indented

P.S. My first name and last name constitute my website's subdomain name.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Yahoo's Reindexing

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Yahoo's Reindexing

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

View PostAutocrat, on 30 Oct, 2009 - 07:20 AM, said:

I added a piece of text on my website's main page a week (or couple of weeks) ago. When I search my name on Yahoo, my website comes on top perfect with the same piece of text also showing up in the description. However, even before adding that piece of text, I removed a whole section from my website. But just under the main result, it shows up the section as a sub result*. How do I get rid of that section?

*I call them sub results, those that appear indented

P.S. My first name and last name constitute my website's subdomain name.

if the yahoo bot cant find out what your site is about the drops down another level and looks for links about your site or other works
then thats a sub result it just means thats what they think your site is about

but after you added the content the bot picked up what your site was about so thats why the sub part has gone
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1