Zip help

Search for a specific file inside a zip (plus attributes for said file

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 482 Views - Last Post: 02 November 2009 - 07:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Zip help

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

Greetings all,

I am trying to search a zip archive for a particular file, then extract the last modified date, and the assembly version number from the file. I have read over countless pages about the System.IO.Packaging namespace :blink: , and I don't get it. Due to the fact that I am doing this for my company and not just for my own personal gain, I can't use third part libraries. Everything that doesn't come with MSVS 2008 Developers Edition has to be made house internal :crazy: . Any pointers or help of any kind would be greatly apprecited.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Zip help

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Zip help

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

You can't use SharpZibLib, an open source library?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:41 AM

Not if there is another way to do it. I think I am going to have to look into the legalese of using that with our product. Other alternatives no matter how hard the code would be preferable, but if there is nothing, than there is nothing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:36 AM

There is always the possiblity to write everything from scratch. All you will have to do is study the ZIP file format and the DEFLATE algorithm. If you don't have prior experience of working with complex algorithms, then this could take a long time and your best bet would be using a third-party library.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1