expanded its business to become a dynamic trading company in Korea. Our Cargo Setups
adjacent to all terminals are functioning 24/7 providing safe and speedy dispatch and
delivery of cargo consignments to our clients. Their Cargo Volume is increasing more
rapidly than the expansions of their bus operations, and they are opening more and more
pick up points in main cities to facilitate their clients more effectively.
SAMMI secure and speedy Cargo Service is available in all of their setups where buses
are being operated. Cargo service detail is given below:
1. The Consignor is required to clearly declare the goods being handed over to the
company for cargo and get it indicated in the cargo booking slip.
2. The Consignor is liable to provide complete information about the consignee’s
name (cargo should be booked in the name of an adult person holding ID Card /
Driving License / Passport or Company) and contact number. Company shall not
be responsible for mishandling of the cargo due to wrong or inadequate
information provided by the Consignor.
3. The consignor is requested to read the booking slip after booking of his
consignments carefully for details.
4. The Consignor should also provide the packing list of the cargo at the time of
booking the consignment.
5. The goods should be packed properly. Company shall not be responsible for any
damage caused due to inadequate packing.
6. The articles / goods / envelope, parcels may be opened in the presence of the
Consignor as a precautionary measure.
7. Any tax, if payable will be paid by the consignor separately as per rate fixed by the
8. Cargo Service is not available for cash, jewelry, Chemicals, liquor, liquid, paste,
inflammables, explosives, gas cylinders (even empty).
9. Company shall not be responsible for any damage / loss to any of the goods (as
mentioned at Sr. # 8 above) if somebody booked those goods without declaring it.
10. Cartons / Boxes in big volume and size (that can’t be put in the luggage carrier of
the bus) are not entitled for cargo booking. Cargo tariff will be settled on the spot
regarding bulky consignments having lesser weight.
11. The company shall not be responsible for the goods not received by the consignee
within three full days.
12. The company shall not be liable for the goods not delivered in time due to any
problem during journey.
13. The goods shall be transported from company’s setup to setup only.
14. The company does not take any responsibility for leakage, shortage, breakage and
spoilage by sun, rain water and weather.
15. The company will send the goods at the earliest possible opportunity in the one lot
or in part according to its convenience.
16. The company does not take any responsibility for loss or damage in transit due to
accident en route or floods etc. and any other consequences there from.
17. The company shall not be responsible for any damage to any perishable item due
to inevitable delay.
18. The Consignor must furnish such information and documents to the company as
are necessary to meet the requirement of custom, Police before the cargo can be
delivered to the consignee. The Consignor is liable to the company for any
damage occasioned by the absence, insufficiency or irregularity of any such
information or documents.
19. The Consignor is responsible for the correctness of the particulars and statements
relating to the Cargo, which he / she insert in the consignment note.
20. Passports, I.D. Cards, Air-Tickets etc. are booked at the Consignor’s risk and
company will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
21. The company is not liable for any damage directly or indirectly arising out of
compliance with laws, government regulations / order or requirements or for any
reason beyond company’s control.
22. Extra tariff will be charged for consignments booked for / from shuttle service
point / cargo collection points.
23. The consignee is required to produce valid identification, e.g. National Identity
Cards, Driving License or Passport for receiving the goods. Authority letter shall
be produced by the recipient if the consignment is booked in the name of a
company etc. Visiting card is not acceptable in lieu of authority letter / personal
identification. No consignment shall be handed over without sufficient
24. In case the consignee receives the consignment after 3-days on its arrival,
demurrage @ 10% of cargo charges of that consignment per day of delay shall be
charged by the Terminal Manager / Cargo Incharge.
25. If the cargo consignment (or a part thereof) is lost due to negligence / mistake of
the company, Consignor shall be compensated in terms of weight (Rs. 250/- per
Kg for electronics, Rs. 20 per Kg for eatables (Fruit / Vegetables etc) while Rs.
100/- per Kg for all other types of cargo) and not in terms of value of the lost
portion of the consignment. There will be no compensation about the value of
mail or documents etc. and these will be treated as goods as per their weight.
Now SAMMI Daewoo executives want to automate the cargo shipment with
in close deadline. They hired software house for the development of SAMMI
Cargo Service software. You have selected as a project manager and answer
the following questions:
a) Which software process model I should select for the given scenario in the development SAMMI Cargo Shipment software and what are the reasons for using that.
This post has been edited by simsim00: 03 November 2009 - 03:15 AM