is the a way to resize flash projector .exe files

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 3578 Views - Last Post: 04 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

resizing flash projector files

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a question pertaining flash projector files. the .exe ones. I know it is possible with .swf files being integrated into websites but I was wondering if it's possible to resize a .exe projector file. Here is the scenario.

Ihave a client project that has been done in 1024x768 resolution, the flash file runs full screen. I have finished everything all the way to the end and have given the file to him. Later on, this morning he told me to make it in 800x600 resolution and remove the fullscreen of the flash.

I use the following for the initiation of the flash projector file.

fscommand("fullscreen", false);
fscommand("allowscale", true);
fscommand("showmenu", false);

basically this lets me resize the window by dragging the bottom right corner of the flash file but I don't know how to resize the whole contents to 800x600, I have set the inner ersolution from 1024x768 to 800x600 but it just moved the visible area to 800x600 and some parts of the movie is hidden :crazy: .

resizing everything manualy in the movie would be overkill since I have a lot of assets in there that need to be readjusted, I was wondering if there is a way like the "allowscale" fscommand to adjust everything to be 800x600 via a kind of zoom or I don't know equivalent. Thank you very much everyone :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: resizing flash projector files

• awake ? web();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: resizing flash projector files

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

You could probably just scale everything down, but any bitmaps or videos (basically anything that isn't a vector object) will look nasty. There isn't an fscommand for it though, so I'm afraid you'll be doing it by hand.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the quick reply :), I was afraid of the answer, I had an idea where I would export the whole .fla file into a .swf then re-import it back into a new scene and resize the whole movie but alas it would turn it into a keyframed movie and wont take into account all of the AS2 inside the .swf file :(, I did however let me resize the whole thing to a 800x600 aspect. I guess I really have to bite the bullet and do it by hand :(, any other suggestions are welcomed, even if it means using a third party plugin or something else.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• awake ? web();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

A third party program might work, although it's not something I have a lot of experience with. Northcode do a flash projector compiler that's supposed to be quite good. SWF Studio
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

wow, thanks I haven't heard of northcode before (I must have been under a rock) but I checked out the link and I'm impressed at the things they have going for it, thank you very much :) , I'll check around to see if there is a way to achieve the resize I'm looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1