6 Replies - 1212 Views - Last Post: 05 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

review my website

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

plz review my website. it's a website based on joomla but the template is mine.

the site is www.delon.in

thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: review my website

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: review my website

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Woah, there is just way too much information in one spot. First things first, remove the left hand side bar. If you're going to have a 3 column layout then make sure that the 3rd column is also on the left. There is just way too much writing in one area.

Secon, the ad at the top of the screen is super super distracting. At first look I actually thought that was your logo. Other than the black on top I really like the color scheme.

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:00 AM

I do agree that the site is quite busy. It looks like maybe you're moving the ad to the bottom based on the last response? Right now there's an error right above the footer, unable to find the URL.

I like the overall theme and colors, but the layout needs a little work. In the middle column, the 'My Voice' module is lower than the first modules on the left and right column. Line them up to give the site more symmetry. For the middle column, I'd consider listing just two featured stories for each module, it would make it a little less crowded.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

did some changes, hope u guys see it again and then review it and rate it out of 10
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

5 million times better! That layout is much much less aggressive now.

Now it's just little things. Such as by your search bar you have a twitter and facebook logo but they don't line up with anything(search bar). Line that up so it looks neat.

Also in the My Voice section you seem to have some layout issues. the "this" section spans the whole page but the second one only spans half.

Other than that it looks pretty sweet. Nice work

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

I really like the design. Well done what I would suggest doing is that if the content changes alot is to move the ad to be above the footer and put a features bit where the ad is and you can do a slider like features thing for the best posts or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

View Postmarkhazlett9, on 4 Nov, 2009 - 12:43 PM, said:

5 million times better! That layout is much much less aggressive now.

Now it's just little things. Such as by your search bar you have a twitter and facebook logo but they don't line up with anything(search bar). Line that up so it looks neat.

Also in the My Voice section you seem to have some layout issues. the "this" section spans the whole page but the second one only spans half.

Other than that it looks pretty sweet. Nice work

Cheers

thanks for the comments. there is no problem with the my voice section because it's joomla, articles are lined up in that way, but since their are less posts in that section, it seems to be that way. why don't you try it urself. just login into my website and go to my voice section and write a note about something and you'll see the difference.

my voice is totally a user defined section. the admins don't post there, it is meant for the public to post, it's kinda blog where ppl post things which they think abou the society.

View Postsam_benne, on 4 Nov, 2009 - 02:50 PM, said:

I really like the design. Well done what I would suggest doing is that if the content changes alot is to move the ad to be above the footer and put a features bit where the ad is and you can do a slider like features thing for the best posts or something.

thanks for the suggestion. ill try working out on your suggestions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1