PHP Image Gallery Suggestions...

Looking for Guidance in PHP Scripting

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1742 Views - Last Post: 11 December 2005 - 04:41 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP Image Gallery Suggestions...

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:24 AM

Here's my idea: I want to write my own PHP script or program that will enable me to have multiple image galleries on my fire department website. My pictures are organized by fire and by year and I have at least 10 sets of images per year. The pictures date from 2001 - 2005. The images vary in image resolution and (to some extent) quality. I need a program that will automatically resize the image into two versions: (1) a thumbnail at a resolution that is standardized for future use and (2) a display size image that is also standardized for future use on my website.

I have several image resizing programs that enable me to do the resizing of the images, but since I have such a large quantity of images, resizing them each individually, through these programs, will be a pain in the neck.

I would like to find either a free PHP script or be led in the direction to where I can write my own PHP script that will allow me to do something to the extent of putting the images in their own folder, resizing them automatically (in both thumbnail and display image forms) and then automatically generating a custom-looking image gallery that I can use on my website.

I don't have any experience with PHP, other than looking at some scripts written by other people and also referring to one reference book. I would like to find the best solution to this problem.

I have seen several pre-made PHP scripts that handle image galleries, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction towards some resources that would help me on this programming journey. I am new to PHP, although I have a video tutorial on the PHP Essentials, which I will be working with this week and I anticipate that I will have more specific questions to post next week.

Thanks,
AMC

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP Image Gallery Suggestions...

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Image Gallery Suggestions...

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:00 PM

well you could go here which is a very simple image gallery script.

here is an amazing tutorial for people who have dreamweaver

This post has been edited by Wizzy: 11 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: PHP Image Gallery Suggestions...

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

I think you could use the code and edit the line with the HTML for images and add the width and the height that you want for the thumbnail. You could also make the whole image a link and make that go to the file itself.

Or, if all the images of the same resolution, you can just use that script for an image gallery and then ust CSS to make all images smaller in width and height.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1