Yo, it been a while guys

Page 1 of 1

11 Replies - 1377 Views - Last Post: 28 May 2002 - 01:42 PM

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Check me here!

Posted 25 May 2002 - 07:24 AM

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been around, just been really busy with school and stuff.  I'll be able to be getting on alot more this summer.  As some of you know, some idiot bought bluecubestudios.com right before I was about to, so I changed my name to Conspiracy.  Personally, I'm almost positive I won't keep this name, but just for now, that's it! :)  Check this out and bash it all you want.   ConspiracyStudios  A teacher of mine is hosting me at the school, so the network automaticly adds in the date last updated.  And I know I spelled technition wrong again! :biggrin: but I don't have FTP access here.  I'll try to check back up next weekend, school's almost freaking over!  Cheers all
      Later      -Brendan

ps, the background does some funky stuff in higher resolutions(including mine)but I designed it for 800x600.  I'll fix it up later

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Check me here!

• the rating girls give me after sex:

• View blog

Re: Check me here!

Posted 25 May 2002 - 08:08 AM

I dunno...the color scheme is too dark and uninviting for me, but the design itself is nice.  My biggest concern is its lack of professionalism.  Just about every page has some sort of childish humor to it.  The "services" page was prolly the only thing that could possibly be on a real dignified web design site.  5/10

-Jon

PS - Just don't kill me at school cuz of this, Brendan

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 09:41 AM

tiling background. ugh.

maybe it works on a smaller res but on my 1280 that look s muy unprofessional... actually i wouldnt use any type of a background.....

(i just noticed you talk about it) --> edit

the nav is nice... kinda weird that the contact button is smaller and just some of the way the text is... but nice. but y the rollovers between images? yeah , im not sure about that...

and finally, the top bar.. it cuts short on a bigger resolution,  u need 2 do something with that, wether it be add a curve and take it up into the top of the page, or fade it out... something...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 09:43 AM

or you could extend the table the header is in to 100%. and then as the cell bground put a jpg of the repetitive part of the header... like a small snippet of the squares.
that way as the table extends and contracts w/ screen size the header will look like its a full header.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 10:13 AM

I notice that you covered the tiling background. One other thing I noticed is that the header and the nav do not blend well with each other, the area where thye meet doesn't look very good.Other than that It looks aight. You might want to make the font a little bigger to fillout all the empty space. on 1280x1024 it is very hard to read.

Rating: 6.2/10

Cheers Sam

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 12:10 PM

ok, my problem with the site, is sort of, a why that design? when i look at a site called "conspiracy studios" i want to see a dark, sort of mysterious look, im looking for aliens, and cia coverups. not gree tile thats makes it look like home depot at night. thats like me, putting a mongoose on my board header or something, it doest make any sense. just my 2 cents.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• andydust.com

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 03:18 PM

dont really like it. Horizontal scroll on 1024x768?? u crazy? nothing seems to fit properly, you need to fix some widths it would seem.
you could probably keep the colours, but the layout should be rethought...or at least fixed.
my rating: 4/10
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 04:26 PM

lol, nvr noticed that... scroll on 1280 too.. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• the rating girls give me after sex:

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, sorry to interrupt again...but even on this OLD laptop i'm at, which has 640x480, the layout is shot.  And on my main computer, which is 1024xsome-other-stuff is even worse.

Oh, and I think that you should turn off the rollover highlight when the user is on the same page as the corresponding link..Get what I mean?  Like on "Services" page, the link to "Services" should not be highlighted.  It gave me the impression there was something wrong with the link, not the fact that I was alread at that page...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2002 - 08:40 PM

Quote: from supersloth on 2:10 pm on May 25, 2002
not green tile thats makes it look like home depot at night.

LMAO

but i have to agree with Sloth, this design does not scream out "conspiracy". then again, you did say this name may not stick around. anyhoo, it's very dark and reminds me more of a shower stall than anything else. i like the rollovers, that's a really cool effect, but i'd try something less half-shadowy and more crisp and clean.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2002 - 01:28 PM

Quote: from jaredigital on 10:40 pm on May 25, 2002
anyhoo, it's very dark and reminds me more of a shower stall than anything else.

lol. I was just thinking, "bathroom tiles" so you must be on to something there. :P

the link text is impossible to read against the mountain background. They're practically the same colour.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2002 - 01:42 PM

As i always do my site checks , Without looking at the other comments :

Its OK , but needs work , i dont personally like how the tiles light up , just the text would be nice , its kinda simple yet styleish in spots , witch doesnt make it look as goode , i do like the way the nav fades and stuff , but like i said , only the text fading in and out would be alot cooler ,  * now looks at other comments ..
  * agrees with sloth and jared

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1