Java problem

Fatal Error during installation

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 3225 Views - Last Post: 15 December 2005 - 09:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java problem

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hello All,

This is a last desperate cry for help with the following horror!!
I have a PC with XPPro.
Recently, after installing Java, when clicking a link on a webpage, no new page appears; I just get a message on the taskbar, bottom right, " Error on page ", and I can't get further.
I have noticed that this always involves the use of Java, since I have observed that when a website does not use Java, I can switch through web pages without any problem. I have concluded that my Java installation is corrupted, although this does not show up in my two repair programs, Bug Doctor and PConPoint.
I decided to uninstall my Java download, with a view to subsequently reinstalling.
In 'Control Panel':
I opened "Add or remove programs" and clicked on " J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5"
I got a screen:
"Are you sure you want to remove J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5 from your computer ?"
I clicked 'Yes'.
I got another screen:
"Please wait while Windows configures J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5 -
Gathering required information. "
I got another screen:
" Internal Error 2753. RegUtils ". I clicked 'OK'.
I got another screen:
" Fatal Error during installation. " I clicked 'OK' and was promptly returned to the " Add or remove programs "
screen. In other words, at the moment I have no means of uninstalling this Java program.
Please advise me how I may accomplish uninstallation, despite the above circularity.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java problem

• Phish Schlapper
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java problem

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

You may note that this forum is entitled the Caffeine Lounge, and this might be more appropriate in it's namesake forum, Java in Programming Help. More people will get to view it, and you're more likely to get help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Java problem

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

Are you sure you have the correct rights to change the registry to install? You might have to go on an user with more privilege. And are you sure you did not have a Java program running while trying to uninstall it?

It could also be due to the browser that you are using or the plug-in you installed.

The specific registry error is "The File '[2]' is not marked for installation." so if you don't have it correctly installed on the user then it won't uninstall.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1