Login and div hide/show without a database

I'm looking for a way to do both of these & need a suggestion

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 1346 Views - Last Post: 12 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Login and div hide/show without a database

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

I've got a question that has been stumping me lately. Basically, I've got an html/css site - with no database - that a user wants to be able to log in to and post an update. This could be as simple as posting "The Office will be closed due to inclement weather today."

I've seen how to make such a text-box area on an html page. But I also need a simple password protection for that function. I've also seen how to make a simple password protection function for a page.

What I can't quite figure out is how to make a password protected page, where a user could log in and update a text box, and the text box would display on the "homepage" (i.e. - a non-password protected page).

Does that make any sense? This would, of course, be a lot easier with any kind of database but unfortunately the chances of getting that set up with this particular server are about zero.

I'm not too worried about the code for either the text box or the password protected page, but I do need some pointers on how updating a text box on one page might display the results on another, non-password protected page.

Any ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Login and div hide/show without a database

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Login and div hide/show without a database

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

The solution that springs to mind for me would be to build this using a flat file database - writing a text file to keep track of authentication information and content.

If you can't do that on the server you're on, I am afraid that you are probably out of luck(unless you're allowed to set up something like CushyCMS).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1