3 Replies - 11438 Views - Last Post: 16 March 2010 - 05:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Converting VB.net app to objective-c

Post icon  Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

Hello!

I have an app I wrote a few years ago in vb.net that I am re-writing in obj-c for the iPhone. Are there any tools available to convert the vb code to obj-c? I do not expect perfect conversion -- only a base to build from. Just the fact that the vb app is for a completely different UI (monitor/keyboard/mouse vs iPhone window and touch interaction) means I still have lots of code to replace. I just thought maybe starting with converted code would help me learn obj-c more efficiently since I could compare the results to what I wrote in vb. If not a converter to obj-c, is there something to recommend for vb to c?

Thanks,

Al

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Converting VB.net app to objective-c

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Converting VB.net app to objective-c

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing that will convert VB.NET to either C or Objective C. Looks like you got a lot of coding to do :blink:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 13 Nov, 2009 - 01:11 PM, said:

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing that will convert VB.NET to either C or Objective C. Looks like you got a lot of coding to do :blink:

Hi. Thanks for the fast response. At least I can stop wating my time looking. Oh well. the vb is only about 10,000 lines, a lot of it won't apply in the new environment, and the way obj-c handles objects should help me streamline...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_Rory*

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Its possible c and vb.net are similiar and you can get a program to convert the two languages and then use the dragonfiresdk to convert the c to objective:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1