6 Replies - 1038 Views - Last Post: 19 November 2009 - 04:18 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

C# basic course

Post icon  Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

Can i ask u, what should i do as a beginner in C#???
i would like to know everything about C#, but as a beginner, i really need the expert advice for me to know more about C# it self,..:)

please help me....:)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C# basic course

• "ADDICTED"[2:5]
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C# basic course

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

You should read a book on it.
A lot of people recommend Head First C#. I've never personally read that one but I have read other head first books and they are fantastic. They're light and friendly and not really intimidating at all. Give it a peep.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

If you have some programming background to base your learning on I would recommend the how-to videos on MSDN. The Beginner Developer Learning Center is also pretty good. I have links to both below.

http://msdn.microsof...p/bb798022.aspx
http://msdn.microsof...r/bb308730.aspx

Also they are both a lot cheaper than going out and buying books (FREE).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

There are over one-hundred C# tutorials on this site right here. If those are too advanced you may want to look into buying a book like MentalFloss suggested or there is a number of sources online to learn the basics such as C# Station. Also, at the top of the topic list there are a few threads dedicated to tutorials and other resources.

This post has been edited by pareidolia: 19 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "ADDICTED"[2:5]
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

I may just be old fashioned or perhaps I'm just incompetent, but I find that buying one good book on the subject to get started is mandatory. Sure, read all the tutorials and such that you want. There's nothing wrong with that. But with a book, you are assured that they will deliver a solid foundation whereas when you only read tutorials, there are going to be a lot of holes you'll have to fill with questions and hard knocks.

Ultimately, it's up to you. Books ARE expensive these days so it's completely understandable that you want to stick to the free route, but I'm telling you, it takes a ton of tutorials to even come close to one solid book.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

View Postayu rastian, on 18 Nov, 2009 - 08:37 PM, said:

Can i ask u, what should i do as a beginner in C#???
i would like to know everything about C#, but as a beginner, i really need the expert advice for me to know more about C# it self,..:)

please help me....:)

If you already know another .net language, you should have no problem, there are comparison charts vb <=> c#

In my opinion you can learn by example. Just try to make something and look for answers where you get stuck. There are a lot of good sites with examples out there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Head First C# is a pretty good book with some fun projects. Combine that with a good forum to ask questions on, and you should be ok :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1