site chek.  meh!

http://litescript.chargedparticle.com/litepro2.html

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1229 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2002 - 08:37 PM

• goat.face

• View blog

site chek.  meh!

Posted 14 January 2002 - 06:28 AM

Greetings, all.  I have a site for you all to check if you don't mind.  I am going for a simplistic/minimal design.  It's not final.  With the popup menus im playing around with javascript and the CSS clip property to reveal it slowly, but that's later.  Trying to figure out what to add.  Plz look @ it in 1024x768 at least 24-bit :)

http://litescript.ch...m/litepro2.html

-Pete
-Skrilla Monkey guru

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: site chek.  meh!

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: site chek.  meh!

Posted 14 January 2002 - 08:57 AM

Well before someone else gets to it, I'll let you know straight up... we are VERY honest here... so without further ado, here we go.

First off, regarding your post, requesting someone to use a certain resolution and color depth is... well... rediculous. When you design, you need to do your best do design for as many different users as possible. I personally run 1280x1024, at work I run 1600x1200, here at school, I'm on 800x600. So you need to try and design for as many possibilities as you can.

Now for the site.
At a lower resolution, your 'cube' pushes up into the header and overlaps it... use tables, not layers to organize your content. At full screen it seems there is a lot of wasted space unless this is a splash page in which case there is to much content :) The 'pments' in ":@: further developments" is cut off because of that 'cube' image which is apparently on a layer... again, use tables to fix this.

Now for the navigation, it's buggy... very buggy... the pop-ups don't go away, they cause the page to scroll, they are tough to read, just stick with links... no pop-ups

The colors are pretty good I guess, the grey/brown/funky blue around the box with the word  'litestep' in it is throwing my eye off... no clue why, but play with it.

I guess you don't have any other pages created, so that's all I can comment on.

Overall, I give it a 3/10 for lack of content, buggy navigation, and problems at different resolutions.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 05:53 PM

Well, I didn't expect a very good rating, so nothing lost there.  I don't know why I posted yet, it's not finished.  I guess I was a bit excited and I haven't been getting feedback on my sites for oh, pretty much my whole life.  I'm working on some 'eye candy' stuff to fill space without distracting the eye.  The navigation is pretty much a test im working with.  Several ideas are in mind; this one just happened to take form first.  I will be posting the others later.  I do have some other sites, though those are more function over form until i get the function working (basically I made a page for part of a club I run with complete posting, login, etc out of PHP and im still working out the code.  If you want to go look at that, it's up at http://litescript.chargedparticle.com :)).  I'm sorry to say that I'm not as much of a designer as I am a coder.  I'm working on that bit ;).  I'm sure you all know Ekostudios, who is a good personal friend of mine.  Just trying to give some background info :).  Thanks for the feedback, btw.  I will be working on the site and will post further developments for review :)

-PETE
-meh!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 07:12 PM

it seems a bit blank. i'm not viewing it at the specs you outlined, but chances are good that few people will. there seems to be some sort of text at the bottom left that is part of a loading applet? nothing loads. i'm cool with simple designs,but the way it is now, it looks like everything is all over the map -- so to speak. try to tighten up the elements with some tables, and maybe make the menu a bit more interesting. it should have more attention called to it somehow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2002 - 08:27 PM

I took a peek at your source. You use divs AND tables? Why? It would be very easy to implement a div layout. Make the cube float right and be a specified width and float the links and the "welcome text" left while making them a certain percentage of the screen.

Do NOT PUT IN "EYECANDY" Everything on a page must have a purpose.

Oh, is it just me or is your cube on the right, um, not a cube?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Information Designer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2002 - 01:21 PM

Pete, post that ev2000 page.  It's not bad, even I think so, and I'm pretty evil site-checker :biggrin:

[eko]

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2002 - 08:37 PM

ah yes, the famous ev2000 page :).  One of my favorite creations...

http://litescript.netfirms.com/ev2000

none of the links (which are graphics) work, and I know some problems that exist, but I abandoned that design a while back.  I might return to it...
chek it out :)

-PETE
-be skrilla!
-meh!

(Edited by skrilla monkey at 10:56 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

(Edited by skrilla monkey at 11:06 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1