4 Replies - 18126 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2006 - 11:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Software Installer in VB .Net

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:07 PM

hi! :D
i have developed a software in vb .net and i have made the installer for the SW (by wizard),the installer is working fine in PC's having .NET framework.but not in

without .NET framework
.Same with EXECUTABLE file.In case of a commercial product ,it should work in both cases.
Is there any solution to this problem?PLS help me.i am scratching mine head since 2 weeks.
thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Software Installer in VB .Net

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Installer in VB .Net

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:59 PM

Any program built with .NET requires the .NET framework on a mchine to run. .NET applications will not run without the .NET frameowrk, or without an appropriate emulator.

Like java, it requires the runtime environment, because the code is not translated to machine code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for ur reply Amadeus,
but,
If i commercialize the product then the buyer must first buy .net framework ,and then intall the SW? is there no other way?I am agree with u abt the code problem but EXECUTABLE file is not ruunning also.

Application Installer  developed in VB6 does not require VB6 to be installed in the pc??????
everyone is welcomed in this discussion
thanks in advance
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:38 PM

VB6 and VB.NET are completely different...besides the name and syntax, they have nothing to do with each other. when you package up a VB6 application, the required files are packaged with the exectuable...allowing the application to be run on another windows machine.

VB.NET uses files from the overall .NET framework...unlike VB6, the code is not compiled into machine code...it is compiled into a Common Language Runtime, and therefore requires that runtime to run.

You don't specifically require the .NET runtime, but you will require at least an emulator.

As an fyi...one does not need to but the .NET framework...it is part of the windows operating system...even if one is running an old version of windows without it, it can be dowloaded separately.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Thank u Amadeus for ur reply...
I have downloaded an Emulator and trying it.
thank u very much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1