2 Replies - 1033 Views - Last Post: 25 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Made my first web application.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

I have created my first web application.It took 2 months for me to develop that (I know this is too much time but it includes learning php mysql as well).Any comment or suggestions on looks and feel of the site is heartily invited.
LINK:SITE
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Made my first web application.

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Made my first web application.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

A few comments...

1) The footer at the bottom, the words are hard as hell to read against your background. Either put a box around it on some solid easy to read background or do something with it to make it more readable.
2) Your catch phrase at the top where you attempt to mirror the letters below is pretty badly done and actually not really appropriate use of it there. Might want to dump it or clean it up a bit.
3) Not too keen on the left hand frame. The graphics there are poor quality and you might want to look at organizing them better. Oh and just so you know, frames are HIGHLY discouraged on the web these days.
4) Contact us page, if you are going to list your emails like that, expect to be spammed. Also if you are going to show them, might as well make them mailto links.
5) Your menu where you show "Home, Rules of the Game, etc." when hovered they turn bold which is fine, but it also causes the cell they are in to expand a few pixels which makes the page shake a little bit. You might want to give your cells a little more padding.

So fix these items up a bit and you will have made big improvements. Keep up the learning! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Made my first web application.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

View PostMartyr2, on 24 Nov, 2009 - 07:49 PM, said:

A few comments...

1) The footer at the bottom, the words are hard as hell to read against your background. Either put a box around it on some solid easy to read background or do something with it to make it more readable.
2) Your catch phrase at the top where you attempt to mirror the letters below is pretty badly done and actually not really appropriate use of it there. Might want to dump it or clean it up a bit.
3) Not too keen on the left hand frame. The graphics there are poor quality and you might want to look at organizing them better. Oh and just so you know, frames are HIGHLY discouraged on the web these days.
4) Contact us page, if you are going to list your emails like that, expect to be spammed. Also if you are going to show them, might as well make them mailto links.
5) Your menu where you show "Home, Rules of the Game, etc." when hovered they turn bold which is fine, but it also causes the cell they are in to expand a few pixels which makes the page shake a little bit. You might want to give your cells a little more padding.

So fix these items up a bit and you will have made big improvements. Keep up the learning! :)

thanks for the suggestions .I will work on that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1