Here are 7 of the new features that have been completed:
* Language support for collections
* Automatic Resource Management
* Improved Type Inference for Generic Instance Creation (diamond)
* Underscores in numeric literals
* Strings in switch
* Binary literals
* Simplified Varargs Method Invocation
There is a lot more to Java 7 then just these language changes. Iíll be exploring the rest of the release in future posts. One of the big debates is currently around Closures, which are a separate JSR.
New Features in Java 7 Complete List
Sounds interesting, however I don't think Ill have much need for those.
Post your opinions.