2 Replies - 1267 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2001 - 08:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Feedback

Posted 07 April 2001 - 03:17 PM

This is the first site that I have designed. I have really learned a lot from it and would appreciate comments. The virtual lock tour doesn't work yet. I am still trying to figure out how to combine some files that i was given. Plus I wrote everything in just basic HTML. I want to learn how to use a GUI editor like dreamweaver next. But this was a fun project to help me learn and it was for a good cause. I do think that it is sort of plain but they wanted the white backgrounds. Any suggestions on jazzing it up? You might also have to explain how to do it also.
http://www.geneseewaterways.com

(Edited by proq at 5:19 pm on April 7, 2001)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Feedback

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Feedback

Posted 07 April 2001 - 08:21 PM

Hey, Well, As you made it in pure html. (a.k.a Notepad.)
I would have to say its good. One thing i suggest is TABLES TABLES and MORE TABLES!. See tables organzies your site so your menu is actually on the left and no othe rtext is under it, beside it or above it. Its kinda like <align = left> but better.! Um, I can see that u have learned the basics of HTML and this will greatly help you when using Dreamweaver. Under standing your code is the main key to success of a site. cause somthing need'ed edited or so on u can do it whitout pulling the program up. Its just my opinion that u should know HTML b4 u start using a dreamweaver type app!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Feedback

Posted 07 April 2001 - 08:30 PM

ditto Quik.

i've never heard of a <br clear> tag.  you have it right before the </html>

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -