4 Replies - 248 Views - Last Post: 01 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

What do you think of swoopo

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

So I just saw another commercial Swoopo an online auction site.

It sounds awful to me and I don't get WHY people would use it. It seems pretty obvious that this is a seller-biased system. I mean bidders have to pay to bid and the time is extended after each bid allowing others a chance to outbid them -- i.e. it maximizes the selling price.

Personally though -- it is the cost-per-bid that basically makes me cringe.

I suppose that if they attract the sellers then perhaps the buyers will come, but how to really attract the buyers when there are less hostile systems out there.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What do you think of swoopo

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What do you think of swoopo

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

Yeah I wouldn't put our companies product on here. But in defense of them trying something new eBay is nothing more than a low balling flea market that is biased towards it's sellers.

We had people buy our product use it and or even break it in some cases passed our allotted return time even and file a claim against us get there money back and managed to leave us piss poor feedback? WTF! Now the seller cannot even leave negative feedback on the horde of buyers who specifically bid on product and not pay once they win.

Amazon is also slowly migrating towards the buyer is always right model. It is not fair to the honest people selling and trying to make a living either.

So I guess what I am saying is this Swoopoo seems to try and rectify the problems of eBay and Amazon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

I think it's called sniper protection which I personally like so that I don't have to camp the closing date of some auction so that someone doesn't toss in a +1 bid after me and gets the item. Makes it seem more friendly.

However, they totally ruined it with the bid credit system. I like actual cash bids. I was on an auction site with two-way feedback where you could +1, -1 or do nothing to the reputation of the buyer/seller. As a seller, if the buyer left any feedback, you then can leave a response feedback.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 30 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

Swoopo is a rigged system. I did the math one time, and after everyone left their bids, the winner got an iPod for $20 less than retail, and Swoopo made off with over $500. For one iPod!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

On the other hand, if people are stupid enough to use it.....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1