• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

65 Replies - 78683 Views - Last Post: 18 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: XNA Game Programmer Roll Call

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

I guess you can add me as well since I am currently working on my card game (Over The Top) full time and I have another prototype game that has been in development for a few years but is in dev limbo atm until I'm done with this project. But now my XNA skills are a lot better I should hopefully be able to make a full version of it. For those who want to know it's a block moving puzzle game called "Blockable" similar to ice sliding block puzzles in games like Zelda Twilight Princess and some other RPG's, I think Golden Sun had one as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Working on a Peggle/Snood mix. Should be simple yet addicting if I get it working :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Peggle is a cool game. Good luck with it. Also, I hope the roll call is up to date.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

hey, i've been working on games since i was a kid but i've just started using C#/XNA this year, i made a space game called space survival, and i'm working on a lot of other game ideas, including top-down, towerdefence, side scrolling, i want to eventually make a top-down MMO game, but i don't know much about networking right now
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Does XNA for Zune count? If so, I'm currently working on doing a little porting job of a freerider 2 clone to Zune...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

After 2 months of not working on my game due to being unable to developing my player hand evaluation method using my original idea, a few days ago I found this very useful poker game example in the tutorials section of the forum, and I've spent the last 3 days making my own version of the method in the hand class from scratch by expanding upon the basic principles of the example.

Bare in mind Poker has 5 cards for a hand and only 10 different hand rankings, my own game has 7 cards for a hand and has 39 different hand rankings.

If anyone would like to see how to differentiate between a straight of 3 or 4 individual cards of the same suit from a three of a kind or a combination of both, including how I have established my Two card as a wild card then once I've fully commented it I'll be glad to show you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

I have a couple things, I start and stop when I learn something new, etc.

Currently its "Visual Novel RPG Engine"
the non-adult kind. Of course, it could have mature rated things in it, but what I want to make is a tactical RPG on a grid, but have most of the story done through text and pictures instead of running around villages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

The description reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics, which in my opinion has the greatest storyline of any game I've ever played, and Disgaea, which was just a lot of fun all around. Sounds interesting. Keep us updated on the progress, The_Kumatei. Also, welcome aboard DIC. Feel free to ask any questions in the XNA section should you need help and we'll try to help you through it as much as possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

I know it's quite ambitious, but I am working on a fan service to Ogre Battle 64. Well, at least trying to finish a few levels. I started this a couple of years ago and it got put on hold until recently. So, right now I'm getting re-acquainted with XNA while moving forward. There isn't much that's really accomplished on this yet; I have a map loaded with height data calculated, and I'm working on getting the camera views to display how I want them to.

I need to learn HLSL better to implement various effects.

So, if this ever gets off of the ground, I'll let you know how it goes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hi all. I'm new here, figured this would be a good place to start. Currently I am working on a sort of RTS with RPG elements. I have several other projects in mind as well, including an action-RPG/platformer similar in play to the Castlevania series (specifically the GBA/DS titles and SotN), and a 2D side-scroller beat-em-up type adventure.

I started programming in C++, but didn't get too far into it before taking some years away from programming in general. I started getting back into it recently with C# and XNA, and I'm finding it easy to pick back up on key OOP concepts and gaming algorithms, but admittedly I lack the practice in the more advanced ideas and built-in classes and types. So here I am, taking a learn-as-I-go approach, and it's working out great. Plus, I'm having fun, and that's important to me.

For now, I'm sticking with XNA and the Xbox, but in the future I plan on expanding into Android and iPhone development, as well as for PC and other consoles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

Welcome aboard! It's great to see more XNA dev's coming to the site. Keep us updated on the progress of your games. I'd like to play some of them from the way you've described them. The Castlevania series has always been a favorite of mine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

My main project is Base Defender. It uses the FlatRedBall engine now, that could change. It is lousily based on Williams Defender, with a few twists, such as building up your stats, earning money to buy extras. You defend four city bases, against attack from aliens, and in doing so, at the end of each wave, you earn money depending on how much damage the city bases sustained from the attack. I've been working on and off on this game for over a year now.
You can read all about it on my web site, as well as try out the last release.
I'm currently rebuilding it, I should have the next release done by the end of this month, as my real job permits. I keep a blog on my web site as well.
My secondary project is a tutor, in using the FlatRedBall engine for XNA. A really nice engine that would really help one in making a prototype.
My thirdly project is creating my own simplistic sprite engine. A very early version of it was used in my 3 week competition, for my Space Zombie game. I may complete that game after I work further on the engine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

Just finished a space shooter similar to space invaders, called: Monsters from the Id; sadly, I was too late to submit to the three week competition. I moved from xna 3.1 to 4.0 and converting the bits has delayed me. One thing I have noticed is that pixel-perfect collision detection no longer works properly and can cause serious lag. Figuring that out is my next project. :)
I have a word game, similar in some respects to scrabble, that is always on the go and in which I am making slow but steady progress on as time permits.

This post has been edited by Writers Block: 14 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Thanks to everybody for sharing the projects. Keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully the roll call is up to date now. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm making a Tower Defense game, where you DIG for minerals, build with what's collected and then defend, it's 2D.

Follow updates at: Here

Hopefully I can be more help around these forums if i'm not stuck into the code :D.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »