• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

64 Replies - 75411 Views - Last Post: 22 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Re: Request a tutorial.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

How about a tutorial on XNA Storage. Would be nice to have a formal introduction to loading and saving games in XNA.

Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

View PosteZACKe, on 28 June 2010 - 11:00 PM, said:

How about a tutorial on XNA Storage. Would be nice to have a formal introduction to loading and saving games in XNA.

Thanks!

I would actually like to second this request. Would be nice to see a tutorial on it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

Haven't tried to use the storage classes yet. Will give it a try and write it up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

Any tutorials on collision detection? Sprites on sprites ect. players on enemies and walls ect.

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

If at all possible I would like to see a tutorial about an object moving on an Incline such as a grassy hill or a metal ramp, or anything relevant.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostEl3et, on 10 November 2010 - 09:55 AM, said:

Any tutorials on collision detection? Sprites on sprites ect. players on enemies and walls ect.

Cheers

There is a basic collision detection tutorial in the Game Programming tutorials forum, using bounding boxes.

http://www.dreaminco...sion-detection/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

A tutorial on adding/managing video & audio. :winkiss:

This post has been edited by Melon Bread: 04 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Any tutorials on Animation and procedural animation systems?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hello!
I would like a tutorial about "multiple input" in xna, or c# for that matter. There are no usefull threads what so ever about using more than one mouse in game, or more than one keyboard. All iīve found about this topic is this: http://www.multimolt.../?show=comments - which is an outdated dll that wont work with gamestudio 4.0, and there are also no explaining on how it works in gamestudio 3.0.
I have decompiled the dll and am trying to understand the logic behind the hardware management but my knowledge is not enough to make use of the code.

I think this is a subject that is perfect for a tutorial since there is no info allready out there - and itīs very relevant for any hotseat or arcade game:). And also i need it for the game im working on in school right now ;).

I suppose a tutorial on how to convert old dll.s to gamestudio 4.0 would do also, but i think my first request can be usefull to others too:D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

View PostPostalh, on 19 April 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

Hello!
I would like a tutorial about "multiple input" in xna, or c# for that matter. There are no usefull threads what so ever about using more than one mouse in game, or more than one keyboard. All iīve found about this topic is this: http://www.multimolt.../?show=comments - which is an outdated dll that wont work with gamestudio 4.0, and there are also no explaining on how it works in gamestudio 3.0.
I have decompiled the dll and am trying to understand the logic behind the hardware management but my knowledge is not enough to make use of the code.

I think this is a subject that is perfect for a tutorial since there is no info allready out there - and itīs very relevant for any hotseat or arcade game:). And also i need it for the game im working on in school right now ;).

I suppose a tutorial on how to convert old dll.s to gamestudio 4.0 would do also, but i think my first request can be usefull to others too:D

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Being as this thread never got any active i ended up solving the problem my self. Its not preteist solution but being that it was for an arcade game it doesnt rly matter if the arcade machine and game works as intended to.
I solved the problem by writing a windows forms program in c#(there are allot of dll.s making multiple input availible in windows forms). Then I made this program transparant and allways on top. When booting my game it would boot the forms program which sent all needed data via sockets to my game. The only problem was that no input would work for the game anymore since it was not active, so all input had to be registered with the forms program and there was quite allot of code to do this for every button used. However once done this solution worked flawless, and im quite impressed by the data transfer speed sockets allow. I hope some1 will find this sollution helpfull(although i doubt anyone will program a game with the same requirements and in the programing environment(XNA) AND actually look here, but still:)).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

A tutorial on peer to peer and server client, or just a simple LAN games in C# and XNA. im glad that this forum is here. I already created a single player game and i want it to make a LAN connection with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

PsychoCoder has a tutorial on this site that covers the basics of networking in C#. I don't believe that anyone has written one on this site for XNA, but working through PsychoCoder's tutorial should give you a rough idea of how to handle it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi, I am new to Programming and Game Development and to Dream.In.Code,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but seeing that it's Xna related,
I'm sure it is.

I recently started playing around with sprite animation.
I have a animating sprite now, very basic one.

I want to know if there are tutorials or links to websites/threads etc.
that can help with making levels, but not like the basic tile-engines.

I'm not sure how it is made but it must be like the Megaman zero styled levels.
Something like this:

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

You're looking at parallax scrolling there I think. I just started working with that in my current project actually. I've never made an editor to produce a parallax scrolled project before. If you can find a copy of Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0 Unleashed by Chad Carter Chapter 11 goes into creating a 2D side scrolling game using parallax scrolling. You might be able to do something with that.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »