WebServer Issues

Downloads causing issues such as timeouts.

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 815 Views - Last Post: 05 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

WebServer Issues

Post icon  Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hello everyone
I use server 2003 and have setup the IIS for the webserver. Just about everything works great but what seems to be happening is quite often when people are moving thru the site they will get timeout errors. They could be just moving thru the site and sometimes more often than not when they download files from me. This is not a peer to peer site we care transcripts for clients that they can download anytime. Alot of times there is no problems but atleast 10 times a day it timesouts (no response) we use SQL to handle everything, the computer uses two differnt nic cards on 2 differnt vpn's (1 for internal for the business and 1 external for the website itself), we also use http to handle the uploads and downloads. Can anyone help me figure out why we get these timeout errors and how to fix them. Also for some reason when the site timesouts I have to go to the nic card (external one for the website and disable it then renable it) this seems to getr the site backup and running.

Please Help

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WebServer Issues

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: WebServer Issues

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:27 AM

What do your performance counters and logs indicate?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:44 AM

Usually timeouts mean your server hit some limit. Check MySQL for max_user_connections and max_connections, and IIS for uh, max children? I'm an apache guy, but I'm guessing IIS has something similar for limiting how many concurrent requests it can handle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

A managed switch would dedicate more networking resources to your server. Maybe this is your answer if your network (ISP service) doesn't have the throughput that your traffic demands.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1